Character Application- Nikolai Morozov

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
chiquitoblanco
Character: A concealed figure

Character Application- Nikolai Morozov

Post by chiquitoblanco » January 4th, 2024, 2:30 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes, I've played multiple characters in acts V and VI

How did you hear about Requiem?
Friends

What will your character’s name be?
Nikolai Morozov

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Nikolai is a stocky man in his late thirties, with light-colored hair that is often unkempt, and piercing blue eyes that hint at tend to dart around from place to place. His skin is fair, weathered, and toughened by years of exposure to the harsh elements of Teramer.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Nikolai seeks entry into the First Province with a singular, fervent purpose: to prepare for and combat the encroaching Torment he believes will inevitably breach its quarantine. His intention is to observe and learn from the chaos within the quarantined area, using it as an opportunity to further his own projects. Nikolai is intrigued by the rumors of untold resources and materials that may be found in the abandoned territories, which are crucial for his endeavors.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

A resilient man hailing from Teramer, has led a life of silent observation and preparation. Growing up in the severe conditions of the Western Territories, Nikolai developed an acute sense of awareness and self-reliance. Affected deeply by the Torment's impact on his homeland and family, Nikolai's experiences have fostered in him a discreet yet intense focus on understanding and adapting to the ever-changing threats of his world.

He is known in his community for his resourcefulness. Nikolai's work in the Muldr Mine not only refined his skills but also intensified his resolve to pursue personal projects that he believes are essential for survival in these tumultuous times. His withdrawn nature and inscrutable motives have set him apart, creating an air of mystery about his true intentions.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

Nikolai Morozov shuffled forward, his gaze darting between the steaming locomotive and the officiant. He clutched a worn leather bag close to his chest, its contents a secret amalgamation of his life's work and keepsakes. The officiant's words, rehearsed and indifferent, played over in his mind, setting a rhythm to his anxious thoughts.

As he approached the officiant, Nikolai's eyes flickered with a mix of determination and wariness. "I need to get in there," he muttered, more to himself than to the officiant. His voice was gruff, tinged with the accent of Teramer, and carried an underlying urgency that was hard to place.

He clears his throat and continues more loudly, "Look, I don't... I don't have papers or anything fancy," his hand subconsciously patting the bag. "But I've got skills... useful ones. I know things about... survival, about... making things work when they shouldn't. I've heard stories, you know, about what's in there. Things that need fixing. I can help with that."

His eyes never quite met the officiant's, instead constantly scanning the surroundings, as if expecting something to emerge at any moment. "I'm not after treasure or any sort of... divine promise," he added quickly, a hint of disdain creeping into his tone at the mention of faith and salvation. "Just need to see for myself. To understand what's happening."

The words came out in a hurried jumble, reflecting the chaotic nature of his thoughts. Nikolai's hands fidgeted with the strap of his bag, betraying his nervousness. There was a raw, earnest edge to his demeanor, painting the picture of a man driven more by internal compulsions than rational planning.

As he awaited the officiant's response, Nikolai's eyes briefly settled on the imposing gates leading into the First Province. There was a flicker of something like resolve in his gaze, a silent vow to himself that he would cross that threshold, one way or another.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application- Nikolai Morozov

Post by Coty » January 6th, 2024, 12:01 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!