Character application: Thadeus Cionnaith

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Thadeus Cionnaith
Fresh Meat
Character: Thadeus Cionnaith

Character application: Thadeus Cionnaith

Post by Thadeus Cionnaith » January 13th, 2024, 11:52 am

PLAYER QUESTIONS:

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played?

I don't.

How did you hear about Requiem?

UO community discords.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS:

What will your character’s name be?

Thadeus Cionnaith

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Height: 5'11
Weight: 180lb
Build: average
Eyes: blue
Hair: between light brown and ginger
Skin: pale
Notable features: small cuts here and there

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history::

From a young age, Thadeus exhibited a keen interest in the healing arts. In a land that historically admired the natural world and once harbored paganistic practices, Thadeus found solace and inspiration in the idea of using his medical skills to alleviate suffering.
Faced with the escalating turmoil and the stifling grip of the Church in this witch hunter's paradise, Thadeus, driven by a thirst for knowledge and a desire to escape the oppressive atmosphere, decided to venture into the quarantined zone. Recognizing the chaos as an opportunity for personal growth and prosperity, he sought to blend into the anarchy and extract valuable insights from the experiences that awaited him.
Thadeus envisioned the quarantined zone as a canvas upon which he could paint his journey toward becoming a master healer. In the midst of the Torment's horrors, Thadeus saw the potential to contribute to the well-being of the afflicted and, in doing so, cultivate a cadre of healers who could carry the torch of medical enlightenment in a world teetering on the edge of destruction.
With a heart fueled by ambition and a mind eager for knowledge, Thadeus embarked on a perilous journey into the heart of the quarantined zone, where chaos and uncertainty awaited.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Thadeus Cionnaith enters the First Province with the primary intention of seeking refuge from the oppressive atmosphere in his homeland, Heston. Motivated by a thirst for knowledge and personal growth, he aims to navigate the chaos within the quarantined zone to gain valuable insights and experiences. Thadeus sees this perilous journey as an opportunity to extract medical knowledge that he can later use to teach others, contributing to the well-being of the afflicted and fostering a new generation of healers.

Scenario Response:

As I join others outside the palisades, the murmurs of bewildered citizens and the hissing locomotive fill the air. The talk of the impassable Rumbling Pass and the safety of the train leaves me pondering the countless souls who might have attempted the perilous journey through dark tunnels, pursued by hordes of the Afflicted.
Defeat sets in as only a few gain entry through, some slipping gold to the officiant, not very secret about it, others presenting official-looking papers. The officiant's rehearsed speech echoes in my ears, his disdain evident. I ponder my options—connections, bribery, or a genuine plea. As I approach, I take a deep breath, ready to state my case to the officiant.
And as I take the big breath, I hesitate, then slipping pouch of coins to the officiant, slightly covering my act with my cloak. I wonder if it was enough.¨
His skeptical gaze lingers before grumbling something to himself. And then finally letting me pass.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character application: Thadeus Cionnaith

Post by Coty » January 13th, 2024, 12:08 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!