Application for Chael

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Hawthorne
Character: To be decided

Application for Chael

Post by Hawthorne » January 21st, 2024, 8:40 pm

PLAYER QUESTIONS:

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played?

Yes. I play currently.

How did you hear about Requiem?

Newspaper article in the Republic Sentinel, lying in the sheriff's office at the End of the World. Act...3? Widow's port.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS:

What will your character’s name be?

Chael (du Pont)

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Chael is 32 years of age, approximately 6'2" and fit. His black hair and beard are kept short, though it is clear the left side of his face and neck have been licked considerably by flame. He keeps his clothing and hygiene in great order. One might wonder, however, how far the burn scars on his left hand go before they end.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Faith. It had been engrained in him from a young age. His family, The du Pont Prelacy of Kedian, felt the need to give back to the Republic. Since the year 960, they had sent their second-born sons down the monastic path. Chael, giving up his family moniker at the age of eight, happens to be one of those Second-born. He has gone since his youth to study with his Uncle, Gauis, another of the Second-Born.

Sent away for further improvement to Tills, in Ostenam, he furthered his weapons studies before his first deployed assignment.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Chael's sword arm served under the red banners for little more than a decade across the Midlands. Upon his return, he learned of his uncle's death. Having fulfilled his duties to the Diaconate, with a few lingering injuries as reward, he has been released. He travels now to the Quarantine Zone to find out if he can be of any use to the reclamation of the province, and to help stop any spread further towards his people back in Kedian.

Scenario Response:

Having traveled for weeks now on foot, Chael's grey robe and red travelling cloak are still in substantially better condition than most of the folk waiting in the lines or by the fires of the trainyard. He might look a surprising sight to the Officiant as he steps forward.

"Brethren," Chael flashes a smile of white teeth toward the officiant and those adjacent. "I am simply Chael, now." He hands forward a leather-backed booklet containing a Writ of Release, headed by official seals of the Holy Decusian Church, 747th Templar Chapter.

"Templar, hmm?" The Officiant scans the leaflet before looking up to the man. "We could have used another, perhaps here at the 107th. If you're not fit to serve here, why should I let you roam freely in there? Why you'll be dead in three weeks if you aren't fit enough."

"I have been assessed. I have been released. The Templar finds my condition less favorable than the younger recruits." Chael holds up his left index finger a moment. The sleeve of his robe falls enough to reveal wrinkled, almost rotten looking burn scars; however healed and kept clean with meticulously well kept fingernails. "I know not what I may find beyond those gates. But If my heart and my sword might still serve the Eight, I request passage...and a warm bath.." He nods once and awaits the Officiant's decision.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Chael

Post by Coty » January 22nd, 2024, 10:04 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!