Charater Appication : Yvlan Dorom

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Housedorom
Character: Yvlan Dorom

Charater Appication : Yvlan Dorom

Post by Housedorom » April 23rd, 2024, 12:40 pm

Character Application

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

This is my first time :)

How did you hear about Requiem?

While ago I've heard UO shard was a still a on going thing. I was actively looking around for a chance to play when I came across a 3year old review of this shard. I had to give it a shot. Besides I was looking for a RP experience to. Number 1 contender was WOW Moonglade RP servers. This look much better. Although I'm a complete Novice at this

CHARACTER QUESTIONS

What will your character’s name be?
Yvlan Dorom

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

32. Looks younger but makes people wonder. slightly above average height but not by much. slender then most.
He looks well groomed from far away. almost house kept. But closer look. face show signs of healed cuts and bruises. Never look anybody in the eye. Keeps to himself.
He keep fidgeting a old coin he carries around. he hands looks weirdly rough not matching his almost boyish face. Like someone uses tools for a living

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

He trained a s blacksmith at local Forlone Hope ward with light infantry training as that was mandatory. the ward is desbanded now. rumor has it his old commander went mad deep in the swamps Murandesh.

He does not seek glory nor fortune.
He is looking for his only living family. His little sister.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

He's family is from Niunas. "A rare touch of civilization in west" his father used to say. House Dorom was one of the first westerners to embrace the Prelacy. Hated and envied for that. "It's the family tradition" They said. Dorom childrens all serve the republic. now that the republic is gone. He joined Forlon Hope. for the community as they say.

The end shape of his ward battalion has scarred him.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

"I know how to work the Iron. "

Yvlan shows his handy work to the officiant. The man checks decently made sword and looks at Yvlan's obvious working craftsman's hand.

"And my price is cheap. What say you?"

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Charater Appication : Yvlan Dorom

Post by Coty » April 23rd, 2024, 6:54 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

A few notes:

Prelacy have their blood lineage tied back to the first Prelates that sailed to Vivateus with Decus, so they would not have Western origins originally but may have settled there. While it is possible for someone from Niunas to be Prelacy, do keep in mind it'd be rare. Nemus, the main city within Niunas, is largely without Republic influence and is a haven of criminals so traditional privileges of Prelacy may not apply there.

But a very interesting concept! Look forward to seeing you in game.

Housedorom
Character: Yvlan Dorom

Re: Charater Appication : Yvlan Dorom

Post by Housedorom » April 23rd, 2024, 9:59 pm

Thank you! Let me take that into account. Maybe a slight adjustment. Hmm