Repair NPC

Bugs & Suggestions board archives from Act V forums.
poorchinix
Character: Raithe Atlas

Repair NPC

Post by poorchinix » December 8th, 2018, 2:12 pm

It'd be nice at if at the weapon vendor, armor vendors and etc. there was also an npc inside that was capable of dishing our repairs at like 1copper/point or something. Would take a LOAD off of our crafters and give them a good bit of their time back heh

Edit: Maybe even put in fail chances, or exceptional chances for either a debuff of like -10% DCI or a bonus.
Last edited by poorchinix on December 8th, 2018, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talexis
Character: Lucian Delavious

Re: Repair NPC

Post by Talexis » December 8th, 2018, 2:21 pm

I agree and give this a +12332432414324325342 points and an A++ and a gold star sticker!

Ericson
Character: Rikard Luzkin, Marcellus Avenicci,

Post by Ericson » December 8th, 2018, 2:31 pm

I think it wouldnt overly hurt... imkinda sad that ive seen fewer crafters ig lately. i hope it picks back up, cause, i mena we need em :D

Cons
Character: Ashi Kirino

Post by Cons » December 8th, 2018, 4:24 pm

This is especially useful for a small community as ours. I play one of the few tailors around and I am on EU time. Tough luck for US folks.

silvrfist
Character: Vance

Post by silvrfist » December 8th, 2018, 5:40 pm

Support of this idea as you still need to return to town for grit regen.

I rather see it put in and succeed. Any detrimental points doesnt seem to worth it since u already lose durability point per repair.

Make him a 100% Blacksmith with the normal rolls?

Hagbard
Community Vet
Character: Adalrik

Post by Hagbard » December 8th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Yes plZ

Burz
Character: Burz

Post by Burz » December 10th, 2018, 12:17 am

Adding an NPC repairman will diminish the usefulness of player crafters.

$0.02

Vernum
Character: Francesca Ivory Ashton

Post by Vernum » December 10th, 2018, 12:23 am

I agree with Burz, but if there aren't enough PC crafters then maybe a really expensive repair NPC would appease the most desperate ones. Easily accessible equipment maintenance doesn't have to be a given in survival horror victorian steampunk.
PM me for repairs
Meta af

Burz
Character: Burz

Post by Burz » December 10th, 2018, 12:29 am

Repair Deeds craftable by grandmaster crafters used to fit the need of getting repairs while crafters are AFK. We could go back to that as a last resort, but I think we should keep repair work within the player economy as it is something typically done by players in this multiplayer game, not by NPCs.

Sic
Aeolian Staff
Character: Isidor Abendroth

Post by Sic » December 10th, 2018, 4:08 am

Burz wrote: December 10th, 2018, 12:29 am Repair Deeds craftable by grandmaster crafters used to fit the need of getting repairs while crafters are AFK. We could go back to that as a last resort, but I think we should keep repair work within the player economy as it is something typically done by players in this multiplayer game, not by NPCs.
Whetstones, repair kits and patch kits are all planned as part of the crafting revision/update for patch day - they will fill the void of repairs when crafters aren't on, and create a new market for our crafters as well. These repair kits will be low-cost investments for crafters of moderate to high skill. Very low, inefficient versions will be available for a premium price as an absolute last resort from NPCs - these will be very inefficient and costly.

It should be possible for our crafters to make a pretty good return off of these, so I'm looking forward to them being utilized and the market opening up on them.