The legacy of an apostate

RP-related board archives from Act V forums.
an apostate
Character: an apostate

The legacy of an apostate

Post by an apostate » December 9th, 2018, 5:03 am

I live in the midst of empty husks. I look around to see nobody else lift their eyes. I speak my mind to hear nobody else dare. I listen to things that the cattle people shut their ears from in fear and ignorance.

I am proud of what I am: an apostate. Should I not be? It is something I have worked on most of my life. I excel in it. The foolish priests cannot see through me, the templars are too blinded by idiocy to find me. Even the inquisition is too busy torturing paupers to realize my nature. The Flame tries, but I do not catch fire.

I wield the principatus: names of things that follow my commands. I have become something more than a mere mortal man. It is like I have more in common with the archangel than humans. Or, though all the years of practice, have I become more human? Was man designed from the First Days to reach this untapped potential? Am I the magnum opus of a great creator?
I must be, for I am beautiful.

These are my first thoughts. My very own diary. I smile at my brilliance when I read them. And I have met someone else, someone who shares my sentiment. I will tell you all about it soon, o diary.

an apostate
Character: an apostate

Re: The legacy of an apostate

Post by an apostate » January 19th, 2019, 9:05 am

Hello, o diary. I have neglected you, for I have been busy with my brethren.
Yes, I have found several others. The man who introduced me to them carries the name of Pavor. He instructed us all to adopt our names from the principatus like he had. He believes that this is a crucial step in shedding our past lives and distancing ourselves from common fools, and I agree completely with him. Pavor is experienced and knows much. We are not the first group he had brought together. He has told us stories of other circles, in and beyond Godspine mountains. I believe his tutelage will bring us far.

Pavor urged us to question the Decusian church. He and I see eye to eye in that regard. Ever since the Torment was brought into this world, the influence of the church has diminished. In its dying throes, it has become paranoid and violent. It strikes out against anyone it believes might contest its imaginary position, losing support left and right. Instead of coming to us humbly and request help, the church embraced pride and chose to try and chain us.
There is something about the teachings of the church that I wish to bring up with Pavor and the others soon. I do not believe that Decus was anything more than we are. Long before us. Possibly ahead of us in power. Just a dirty little apostate like me. If so, all the bishops and templars should fall on their knees to worship me. The world is chock full of us archangels.