Vergul

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Shaky
Fresh Meat
Character: Not one yet

Vergul

Post by Shaky » December 16th, 2018, 2:54 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
- Played a long time ago but don't really remember the details of it.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
- I have played a lot of UO as well as some DnD and Apocalypse RPGs. I am getting back into UO for some good RP interactions and looking forward to getting to play with some familiar peeps.

What will your character’s name be?:
- I like the name Vergul, but couldn't find naming conventions. If better, it can be changed to a more traditional Virgil.

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
- A man of pale, sickly skin, but a jovial youth and expression that defies his physical appearance. His brilliant amber eyes appear to match the apparent age of his skin, but his thick hair is a well trimmed dark brown stands in contrast to it, as does his surprising lack of wrinkles. His skin is most notably marked by what looks to be a skin condition akin to leprosy which would serve to make him very off putting to those who first meet him. He of a pretty average height and despite his condition, does not appear as gaunt as one would expect. His age is hard to tell from looking at him, but he is twenty six.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
- His intentions are academic in nature. He is a historian who sees the time at hand as a last chance to get first hand accounts of what is happening and reclaim bits of history that can be safe guarded against the hell that is unleashed upon them.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
- One particular note about his history is that he is sick but has come to terms with it. He sees himself as someone who cannot enter into the action of world altering events, though he still wants to be near them in order to chronicle them, to bear witness to them.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

You have finally arrived at your destination; the Rumbling Pass checkpoint. Before you stands a massive outpost, looking to have been erected only recently, of which is patrolled by numerous Legionnaires and Church Templar. The outpost guards the only viable entrance to the recently quarantined First Province; the home of Tor, the fallen capital of the Republic. Sitting at the foot of the massive mountain line that effectively contains the First Province within, the outpost serves as the last obstacle you must overcome before gaining entry into the quarantined territory. You and others like you assemble outside of the palisades of the outpost, awaiting the opportunity to speak your case to the presiding Legion officiant who is processing admittance to the Province.

You watch as but a scant few of the dozens that approach the officiant, whom stands at the outer gates of the outpost flanked by a few heavily armored Legionnaires, are actually allowed to pass through the man-door and into the outpost. You see some slip pieces of gold to the officiant, while others plead their cases and rationale as to why they should be allowed to enter the recently fallen territory. Some appear to provide some sort of paperwork to the officiant, whom promptly waves them through. While eavesdropping, you manage to overhear the well-rehearsed speech the officiant provides to those whom don’t provide paperwork or grease his palm.

“By decree of the Venerated Church, the First Province is considered to be a mortal health hazard, and as such, is quarantined under Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320. Citizens who do not possess a Quarantine Visa issued by one of the recognized Factions of the Republic are considered non-essential to the reclamation of the First Province. Under Article Eighteen, non-essentials seeking entry into an official quarantine zone must petition for entry into a said zone, and state just cause for the issuing of a visa by the perimeter authority. State your business and make it good, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for months without adding yours to the pile.”

You ponder the situation for a moment, evaluating your options. It’s well known that with the right connections and the right amount of coin, one can get their hands on a Quarantine Visa from any one of the major Factions of the Republic, or even a passable counterfeit from more nefarious sources. At the same time, it would appear that the officiant doesn’t appear to be above some simple bribery. However, you’re sure that some of those let in appeared to have made a convincing case with the officiant. Gathering your wits, you make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province.

Vergul shifts slightly as he considers his options that are laid out before him. Then, he having quickly determined that he would just speak his mind, we begins rocking back and forth on his heels, a heavy bag of books upon his back and another by his side. As he continued to grow bored with waiting his turn, he began making popping noises with his mouth which caught looks from the others waiting nearby. Seeing the pale and ill looking skin of his face, the others shifted away, fearing they would catch something from him.

Seeing that the others shifted away, leaving him at the front of the group, he smiled. "Guess that makes me next."

Walking up to the officiant, Vergul notes the man's expression as he sees him, but before the officiant can begin his rehearsed speech, Vergul began his own, " 'ello there, nice day out, don't you think. I know the place is all quarantined because it's a 'mortal health hazard' " Vergul adds emphasis by using air quotes, " but I am not exactly going to be far off from pushing up daisies no matter where I go. Got some work here to do, a bit of research that will do us all a lot of good, you know."

Vergul smiled broadly, the action twisting the sore on his left cheek awkwardly as he went back to quickly explaining himself, "But, I know you must be thinking, we got enough problems here without letting this sick puppy in with the litter, but don't you worry, I ain't contagious or the lot I came with would be all like me too by now. Just a little skin condition, the doc says I just need a little sun is all." He chuckled with his own self amusement, "Oh my, I am a bit of a talker, aren't I, anyways, be a lad and let me pass, if you do, I promise I won't stray too far from the fires, make it easier on the people when I drop." Vergul winked and slid him coin as he had seen the others do.

Kristijonas
Character: Kristijonas

Re: Vergul

Post by Kristijonas » December 16th, 2018, 4:07 pm

Seeing and listening to you, the clerk leans back in his chair as if to avoid getting whatever you got. He also didn't say a word and just pointed to the door of the Rumbling Pass with a motion of his head, just before he was out of breath from not breathing anywhere near you. Going through the door you look back and see the officiant using a handkerchief to secure the coin you gave without touching it.
Congratulations, adventurer. Your application is...

Approved.

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!