Josephine Oscius

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Hel
Character: Emma Averesch

Josephine Oscius

Post by Hel » January 7th, 2019, 9:42 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Yes, I played briefly years ago, and I have played as a few characters this act.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I’ve been roleplaying for a long time on a bunch of different mediums.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I want a great story, and that’s what I expect from the shard.

What will your character’s name be?:

Josephine Oscius

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

The young woman’s signature Torian face and protruding ears were framed and partially obscured by loose golden locks of hair, the rest of which was pulled back into a messy and knotted bun or ponytail, usually with at least one stick of charcoal stuck into it. She was a compact figure of an average weight for her short stature. Despite her characteristic bedhead, she never appeared very well slept, sporting dark circles under light blue eyes. A speck of a mole lay off-center towards the left above a dimpled chin.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Tor was Josephine’s home. She was sent away several years ago when she was seventeen just prior to Tor’s collapse to live with her uncle in Volgen, and when all was lost, she returned to the Rumbling Pass under the impression that if there was no sanctuary left in the world to run to, she would go home.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Josephine was born in Tor. Her mother died when she was young, and she was raised by her father and her older brother thereafter. She received a moderate education but always believed her father to be wiser than any other teacher despite his operating as a modest shoemaker in a cramped shop. She preferred to spend her free time there with him, often drawing his customers for a few spare copper coins. Just prior to the collapse of Tor, Josephine was sent away by her father at seventeen to live with her uncle in Volgen, where he believed it would be safer. Three years later, when her uncle perished with his Volgen homestead, she returned to the First Province, feeling there was nowhere else to go but home.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Non-essentials, the presiding Legion officiant called them as they petitioned for entry into the quarantine zone that was the First Province. Many years before, Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320 was written to safeguard citizens. The Legion officiant sounded bored of it as he recited it for the millionth time. How few people would have survived to be a part of the Republic if the reclamation could have worked? Non-essential, the officiant judged one citizen after another. Did he know what lay to the west then? Did he know the curtain was already falling, that the show was over, that he was counting wasted ticket stubs? Non-essential, he called her. Non-essential, he warned her. He was right, and there was nothing to go home to, but there was nowhere else to turn either as the world collapsed in all around.

A map fell open from each of Josephine’s hands. They were worn from folding along the carefully inked stretches of forest and mountain ranges. They were stained where lakes and rivers had been drawn with precision. Every outpost was charted and labeled with neat penmanship. The maps were beautiful, and they were non-essential. All the world they documented stood behind the woman, falling. Men would not search for them, perhaps not for another thousand years if any survived. Non-essential, but what did it matter anymore? What was anymore? “My name is Josephine Oscius, and I’m a cartographer from Tor. If you want anyone getting to the capital safely, you’ll need a game plan, and you’ll be better off if you can see it,” she insisted. “I can draw up any maps the Republic needs to plot its course forward.”

Kristijonas
Character: Kristijonas

Re: Josephine Oscius

Post by Kristijonas » January 8th, 2019, 3:44 pm

Congratulations, adventurer. Your application is...

Approved.

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!