A letter for Little Bird AKA Seth is left with the tavern waitress

RP-related board archives from Act V forums.
Talexis
Character: Lucian Delavious

A letter for Little Bird AKA Seth is left with the tavern waitress

Post by Talexis » January 8th, 2019, 1:57 am

"Seth, Little Bird, My daughter,

I know that I have not been the best father, nor a good role model, nor have I been understanding enough. For this I am deeply sorry. I have had lots of time of reflection since we lost Victoria, my sweet love. *The writing staggers a bit before returning back to neat printing* She would not want us to be apart, I do not want us to be so. Please accept my apology my daughter. I miss our family, I miss you. I wish to be there for you in this time of mourning and in all times after. I hope my words are striking true, I was never good at emotions or with people or words. It was more of Victoria's specialty. I have heard you are becoming a journalist. It brings me pride that you were able to overcome what you went through. This is the strength that I saw in you, the strength I wished you to know of. I do not blame you if you still do not wish me in your life. I will respect your wishes. I simply wished for you to know my heart and to know how sorry I am.

-Marcus Delavious."

*the letter seems to have had some tear drops fall onto it before it was sealed*

Sethaelia Vhaire
Character: Sethaelia Vhaire

Re: A letter for Little Bird AKA Seth is left with the tavern waitress

Post by Sethaelia Vhaire » January 8th, 2019, 12:40 pm

The diminutive blonde enters the Hale and Hearth in the early hours of the day. The main taproom is devoid of all but the most regular, consistent patrons who effectively call the place home. Behind the wooden counter, Eryn dries glassware and makes ready for the mid-day rush.

After exchanging pleasantries with the other woman, Sethaelia Vhaire receives the missive left in Eryn's care. Slowly, tentatively, the self-styled bard opens the parchment and takes a breath before skimming over the words written therein.

Tears gather and glisten within blue-grey eyes as she reads, re-reads the emotionally scrawled handwriting. A tremulous smile forms upon her lips, and she glances towards Eryn just in time for the tavern keeper to look aside and pretend to be busy with her chores.

Sethaelia shakily expels the air in her lungs and audibly swallows before neatly refolding the parchment. "If you'll excuse me..." she murmurs to Eryn, and then the Delavious daughter departs elsewhere.