Gideon Marivaldi (Secondary)

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Dast
Character: Janos Marivaldi

Gideon Marivaldi (Secondary)

Post by Dast » January 23rd, 2019, 1:56 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes (Janos Marivaldi).

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I already play on a rp Ultima Online shard in my country and I was looking for an alternative. I've played tabletop rpgs and larps for a decade, I like a lot the idea of a world growing, evolving and living with the characters (and the GMs).

What will your character’s name be?:
Gideon Marivaldi.

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Gideon is a tall (193 cm) muscular strong young man, not much talkative, but seemingly an imposing figure. His lack of speech is not intended to be a charm feature, but beacuse he is not very smart: he is quite a simple man.
He usually has short black hair, and no beard or mustache. He often appears serious, rather than happy or calm. He has grey eyes.
He prefers simple garments instead of rich robes.
He is 20, but sometimes he looks a little bit older.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
He was in the Legion, and found out that his cousin (also in the Legion) was involved in robbing and reselling Legion's equipment to collect some extra gold.
Unfortunately, cousin found out and stabbed Gideon to gain some time and escape. Gideon survived and reported his cousin to the authority, asking to track down his criminal relative.
He tracked down his cousin to the First Province border...
During the journey, Gideon passed throw his home town and found out that his big brother, Janos, had left too.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Gideon is the little brother of Janos. When he was 15, he left home to join the Legion. Gideon grew up without meeting his middle brother, dead by the Torment when he wasn't born yet.
In his home town, Gideon was just a boy, helping his father in the shop.
He grew admiring the Legion - this righteous men that slew tha bad one, the heretics.
Gideon had a very different vision of the thing from his big brother, and - as said - grew up admiring this soldiers.
At 15, he left to join them and forged his attitude being a soldier, strict to the Army and the Church.
That's it; he is also a simple man, that enjoys a good meal, a fine mug of ale, and a peacefull afternoon.
He is a hard worker and is not afraid to dirt his hands doing so.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
You have finally arrived at your destination; the Rumbling Pass checkpoint. Before you stands a massive outpost, looking to have been erected only recently, of which is patrolled by numerous Legionnaires and Church Templar. The outpost guards the only viable entrance to the recently quarantined First Province; the home of Tor, the fallen capital of the Republic. Sitting at the foot of the massive mountain line that effectively contains the First Province within, the outpost serves as the last obstacle you must overcome before gaining entry into the quarantined territory. You and others like you assemble outside of the palisades of the outpost, awaiting the opportunity to speak your case to the presiding Legion officiant who is processing admittance to the Province.

You watch as but a scant few of the dozens that approach the officiant, whom stands at the outer gates of the outpost flanked by a few heavily armored Legionnaires, are actually allowed to pass through the man-door and into the outpost. You see some slip pieces of gold to the officiant, while others plead their cases and rationale as to why they should be allowed to enter the recently fallen territory. Some appear to provide some sort of paperwork to the officiant, whom promptly waves them through. While eavesdropping, you manage to overhear the well-rehearsed speech the officiant provides to those whom don’t provide paperwork or grease his palm.

“By decree of the Venerated Church, the First Province is considered to be a mortal health hazard, and as such, is quarantined under Article Eighteen of the Republic Treatise of Health Act of 1320. Citizens who do not possess a Quarantine Visa issued by one of the recognized Factions of the Republic are considered non-essential to the reclamation of the First Province. Under Article Eighteen, non-essentials seeking entry into an official quarantine zone must petition for entry into a said zone, and state just cause for the issuing of a visa by the perimeter authority. State your business and make it good, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for months without adding yours to the pile.”

You ponder the situation for a moment, evaluating your options. It’s well known that with the right connections and the right amount of coin, one can get their hands on a Quarantine Visa from any one of the major Factions of the Republic, or even a passable counterfeit from more nefarious sources. At the same time, it would appear that the officiant doesn’t appear to be above some simple bribery. However, you’re sure that some of those let in appeared to have made a convincing case with the officiant. Gathering your wits, you make your decision as to how to gain access to the First Province.
Gideon approached the officier, giving off a military salute and handling a piece of paper (his furlough decree):

"Sir! I'm on furlough from the Legion to hunt down a criminal. I've managed to track him down to this place and I'm intended to go after him. I'm not asking you to look through... papers, for his name. Just let me pass and I will bring that scum to justice, eventually giving a hand to my comrades, sir!"

His posure is rigid and sound, his eyes flaming, determined to get the Visa.
Discord contact: Dast#3607

Scarlet
Character: Ellie Andrews

Re: Gideon Marivaldi (Secondary)

Post by Scarlet » January 26th, 2019, 2:51 am

The officiant shrugs after reading over the offered papers, wasting no time with them past reading. "Well, be on your way then. The less trouble for me, the better. Just don't expect me or anyone else to get you out of whatever mess you get yourself into over there!" He waves the man through, already looking past him in boredom.

Accepted