Demetrius' Application

RP-related board archives from Act V forums.
dmitri
Character: Demetrius

Demetrius' Application

Post by dmitri » February 28th, 2019, 2:07 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played: No

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I used to play D&D and Vampire. I have also played a lot of rpg computer games (baldur's gate, fallout, oblivion, Ultima Online, etc.). I want to play Requiem because I like the custom content, the Setting of the Shard and also the idea the role-playing and Ultima Online are compatible.

What will your character’s name be?: Demetrius

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features: While past his prime, the forty three year old mage Demetrius was considered to be a tall handsome man. Although the years have had their toll on his appearance, and especially his weight as he was pretty heavy these days, no one could argue that he was striking. His long hair perfectly dyed green matched exactly his eyes, and his smooth dark skin made a pretty nice contrast. Company of women was something he could easily find if he cared to do so, though recent events had rendered him indifferent to the carnal pleasures.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Having lost the love of his life to another man could make one hopeless enough to risk everything. Packing a few things Demetrius left the city of Nemus to find death. And also glory, but mostly death.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Demetrius is a glutton and a below average wizard of sorts. Working as an alchemist has provided him in the past with the means to get by and also the acquaintance of people most would generally consider scum.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
A counterfeit visa should be enough for Demetrius to get inside. An old friend who dabbled in this kind of craft was kind enough to provide one for sufficient coin. Approaching the Gatekeeper was not an easy thing to do. His palms were sweaty as he showed the paperwork. "Took me months to get the visa. The bureaucracy is endless these days." Playing it angry when anxious was his trade lately.

Galg
Character: Galgarious

Re: Demetrius' Application

Post by Galg » March 1st, 2019, 9:34 am

The guard doesn't look up as he takes the paper and his face twists in immediate shock and disgust. "Ugh," he snorts, looking up from his desk at the man in front of him. "Why the fuck's it wet?" His eyes narrowed on the man, the distraction of the damp payment distracting him from giving a thorough look, and perhaps saving him from noticing it's illegitimacy.

"Well?" his patience was clearly not in check this day.

dmitri
Character: Demetrius

Post by dmitri » March 1st, 2019, 9:46 am

"My papers fell in the puddle as I was waiting to show them. Can't say it's the first time my hands have betrayed me Sir. Age hasn't been kind to me." answers Demetrius. Then waits holding his breath. His cheeks are red and his forehead sweaty. He is gazing at his boots to avoid eye contact with the Gatekeeper.

Galg
Character: Galgarious

Post by Galg » March 1st, 2019, 9:50 am

The man grunts, shaking his hands off and throwing the paper into the pile of approved visas, apparently more relieved that it's not urine than anything else. "Hope they don't fail you at the wrong time...move along"

APPROVED!