Application for Adam Candleberry

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Burz
Character: Burz

Application for Adam Candleberry

Post by Burz » February 21st, 2021, 3:25 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes, since Act 3.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
Requiem and other games.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?
I enjoy the setting, lore, mechanics, and community.

What will your character’s name be?:
Adam Candleberry

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
A rather thick and stout middle-aged man with average height and short, brown hair. Many years of hard work and toil can be seen in the strength of his arms and hands.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Adam is your typical laborer among the many run-of-the-mill forsaken souls. He wants to find a safe place to simply make a living and somehow sees the First Province as being the best place in Vitaveus to do so. Maybe he shouldn't have listened to the rumors.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):
Having seen the horrors of the Torment, Adam is set on putting as much distance as he can between himself and his old home. It wasn't easy growing up in a world consumed by plague, violence, and hardship. But for all this, he counts himself among the lucky--he has his life, his health (at least for now), and his survival instinct. He recently found work with the Foundry and, through various connections, was provided a visa to enter the First Province.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:
*Finally reaching the front of the line, Adam hands a Foundry visa to the officiant, then waits patiently and silently for a response.*

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Adam Candleberry

Post by Coty » February 25th, 2021, 1:08 am

We will need a bit more out of your roleplay response before accepting your app.

"The Foundry, eh?" The officiant hands the visa back. "Been a while since I've seen them lot. They settin' up a new outpost or somethin'? Come to squeeze the 'lil man out of his hard-earned coin?"

Burz
Character: Burz

Post by Burz » February 25th, 2021, 1:55 am

Adam looked around to the other nearby guards and people standing in line as the officiant glanced at the visa. Sizing up the situation, Adam could sense this wouldn't be simple. He had previously observed a few bribes while he waited in line, so he knew that this may be the path of least resistance.

With a small bag of coins in hand, he deftly received the visa back from the officiant while simultaneously planting the bag in the officiant's hand. A small jingle-jangle of coins could be heard in the transfer, but Adam did not bring any further attention to the exchange of items.

"Well, I don't know of any outpost, but I'm sure there's work to be done. Whether it's building barrels for ale or weaving bed linens for a comfortable night's rest, I'm sure there's work."

Adam now nods a few times, with a reassuring smile.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Post by Coty » February 25th, 2021, 2:13 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

The officiant's brows raise a bit, a wry smile spreading across his otherwise tired features as he tucks the bag of coins away. "Well, I hear they're not all bad anyway. Apologies for keeping you, sir. NEXT!"