Grad

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
bub
Fresh Meat
Character: bub

Grad

Post by bub » March 4th, 2021, 11:17 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

Yes, but I don’t remember.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I began roleplaying on Ultima Online, Baja server. Then moved on to Mytharria, then Dark Age, then TSSE, then Khearos, then Requiem, then Dark Age again.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I wish to play on Requiem because I miss the interaction of intelligent, quick witted, friendly and skilled roleplayers. Also I love you.

What will your character’s name be?:

Grad.

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

A thick, aged wall of flesh towers before you. Shoulders and arms so massive it makes their head seem small. Eyes gaze about lazily, while the face is set in stone. Massive hands so calloused that they are nearly leather.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Grad’s defenses had fallen to the undead. Farm destroyed. Cattle torn to shreds. Dogs trapped and eaten alive. Grad fought off the undead and forced their lover to run into the night. Only Grad was left standing that night.

Grad only seeks one thing: their lover.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

A simple yet grueling life among the wild, farm, and home. Too large and dumb to fit in, Grad spent most of their time alone. They used their strength to their benefits by chopping wood, mining local ores, and tending farm. After decades of monotony, Grad mastered those skills.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

You have finally arrived at your destination...

Grad stomps slowly to the gate, looking down at the guard. They share a sad face.

“I make things. I make things good.”

Grad shows their massive calloused hands to the guard.

“Wood? Can do. Metal? Can do. Farm things...?”

Grad makes a swinging motion, then quickly bends down and picks at the air.

“Can do.”

As Grad rises, they lift their heavy chin to the barricade before them and point a meaty finger at it.

“Can help fix wall too."

Grad nods their brick of a head slowly at the guard.

“Make bigger, make stronger, make better...”

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Grad

Post by Coty » March 4th, 2021, 11:59 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

And the officiant believed him. This man had the look. The look of one whose lot in life, whose grand destiny was to smash, dig and carry. A humanoid ox with an intellect to match. Certainly, someone would find a use for the oaf within. Though, when the time came, hauling this one ontop the pile would be no simple task. The officant stamps hard and hands you your visa. "That way." He points you onward.