Carmina

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Elle
Character: Carmina

Carmina

Post by Elle » March 4th, 2021, 11:21 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

-My name is LE, and I have been playing Requiem for ~15 years. (hi, LE). I haven’t touched it in roughly 2-3 years, and I’m thinking of starting again.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

Pen and paper / Requiem for 15-20 years. I’m not as old as Virgle, but I’m getting there.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I want to enjoy life and all there is to it. Requiem is part of that. I expect Requiem to be as it always has been and bring happiness to the children.

What will your character’s name be?:

Carmina

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

“A wispy, fop of a person; Carmina is a silhouette that has been shaped and formed in the showroom. Her figure is gaunt and long, with cascading bundles of fabric draped over every sharp bone and angle, softening the harsh edges into something beautiful. Androgyny seeps from her very being, making her look somewhat otherworldly when compared to the rough and tumble soldiers of the Republic. Carmina lives her life in the clouds, often times being caught daydreaming or acting on whimsy.”

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

“Carmina is an artist with tasks that are two fold in the First Province. She is to create visual documentation of the events, landscapes, and constructs of the First Province, to memorialize these times in history. Her other, less achievable task, is to recover the various cultural artifacts (namely, historic play scripts, art, and writing) from the great library of Tor. She is one of many that has been given this task, and as such, is (not)expected to be paid upon completion”.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Carmina was raised in a small village in the midlands, where beliefs are antiquated, and religious zealotry is strong. The village worships the Mason as the creator of all things, and believes strongly that our entire story is written before we are born. Carmina was born under the constellation of the Steps, to a mother fleeing the Republic for crimes against the church. Namely, she is accused of bedding a demon and baring it’s child (this was an absurd cover up constructed to both hide her infidelity AND to protect the chaste status of the bishop who she claims is the actual father). Carmina was born a man, and was castrated at a very young age to prevent her from passing on the blood of her supposed father. Because she was claimed to have divine blood in her, she was treated from a very young age as a prophet, and her art was treated as a means of divining what is yet to come. Whether or not this is true (definitely not), she was taught that her singular task in life is to bring about the end, and call forth the void. She is NOT evil, or intent on villainry. She is simply following the morally ambiguous task of returning everything that is to it’s original state.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

“State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late.”

The officiant’s eyes did not once fall upon Carmina as she sifted through her bag of paperwork. He had seen this before, and was ready for his shift to be done for the day so he could return to the boredom of leisure time in the frontier (though he would savor every moment he didn’t have to spend with these deplorables). Carmina found a small piece of paper, rolled up, tied, and sealed with a small bit of wax. When she handed it to the officiant, he could smell lavender cascading off of it, giving it the official smell of money. The officiant’s eyes turned to Carmina as he caught a whiff. He could tell this one requires his attention. He unrolled the parchment, braking the seal with a brutish tug, and read the paper aloud.

“I, sir Marcus Haversford of West Brenton, curator of what was the library of fine arts, now Delton command post, beseech thee to release Carmina of the Step into the territory of the first province for the purpose of documenting and maintaining a rich cultural history for the Republic. This has been approved by regional Foundry officiant Payton of West Brenton.”

The officiant continued to read the document into it’s nitty gritty, lawyerly text. Neither of the two fully understood what legalities would matter once Carmina passed beyond the checkpoint, but they both knew this whole situation was a formality. Carmina was frail and not built for the first province. The officiant knew this, and just a glance made him confident that Carmina would be one of the first from this group to end up in the ground. None the less, the documents bore an official foundry seal, and his job was not to question policy but to enforce it.

“I tell you this. You may pass through as this document is official, and sound, but be wary. Without proper protection, one such as yourself will surely not last long. I’ve been saying this for what feels like years now.. what we need are more soldiers, not...” The officiant stopped to read from the paper he held “a rich cultural history.” He snorted and chuckled to himself. Neither the other guards, nor Carmina responded in kind. The officiant handed the paper back to her and waved her through. Carmina bowed her head and whispered a thank you as she moved past the officiant and towards the gates to the first province
Last edited by Elle on March 4th, 2021, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Carmina of the Step

Post by Coty » March 4th, 2021, 12:41 pm

While I understand it was a naming convention during the time, on Reqiuem "of the Step" would be considered a title. You will have to change your name to just Camira or to something else before we can accept your application. Once in-game you can refer to yourself however you wish.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Carmina of the Step

Post by Coty » March 4th, 2021, 12:52 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

An odd creature, that's to be sure, the officiant thought. Swan-like in her demeanor she seemed too gentle for this world, let alone the place she now wished to enter. Why would they send her here? Nothing resembling 'culture' survived beyond those walls and even if it did this one held no chance of finding it, let alone preserving it for others to learn of. She must of pissed someone off, the officiant concluded, for them to send her here. Oh well. The officiant smiles as he hands you your stamped visa.