Postings placed around the lands

A general forum for all in-character posts as they relate to Act VI: Absolution, the characters that inhabit the world at large, and the events that help shape both.
Talexis
Character: Lucian Delavious

Postings placed around the lands

Post by Talexis » March 19th, 2021, 12:11 pm

*Posters and notices are placed throughout the Fort area and Foundry area*
Let it be known that Seraph Lucian Delavious and Legatus Vance Silvercrest through combined efforts between the Legion and the Order of Decus seek to form a Tribunal which shall focus on bringing laws back to these lands. The Tribunal will be made up of five members, one from the Order, one from the Legion, and three volunteers are sought to join this tribunal. Preference shall be given to land owners but any may volunteer for this Tribunal. The Tribunal shall discuss and agree on laws for the land which shall be enforced by the knights of the Order of Decus, the legionnaires, and any others that may be hired to act as guards for the lands. The Tribunal shall also act as a court for those that break said lands and will vote on punishments for law breakers. These laws will not apply within the lands of the Fort, that is the Reeve's land and he can keep it as lawless and his guards as useless as he wishes. We seek to make these lands safer for all good citizens and civilians of the Republic and to make this province more of semblance of the great Republic we all love. Long live the Republic!
Last edited by Talexis on March 20th, 2021, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Broken Sword
Character: Alaric

Re: Postings placed around the lands

Post by The Broken Sword » March 19th, 2021, 2:45 pm

*A letter is delivered to the doorsteps of Seraph Delavious' demesne.*

Seraph Delavious,

It gladdens me to see the initiative you, and Legatus Silvercrest have put forth to secure law and order for these wild lands. Let me be the first to congratulate, and acknowledge these efforts. Should you require an impartial voice on this tribunal, I would offer myself to serve at the discretion of the common folk. As you no doubt have heard, I have some experience in matters of the law, and eagerly seek to ensure that this province be secured for those that wish to reclaim her from the grasp of entropy and decay.

In Service,

Tiarnan "Tyr" ap Howell

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

The End of the Tribunal

Post by Kent » March 23rd, 2021, 10:03 pm

On bulletin boards in Fort Prae, a large and somewhat ornate broadsheet is posted, in addition to a copy being sent to all former tribunal representatives via courier

To all those who this letter presents:

Greetings

Regarding the Tribunal of Late

For as much as we have found by a lengthy experience that the faithful endeavors that some of us have sought for the advancement of the First Province, that there might be a semblance of order in the land and peace in these times of great trepidation and bloodshed, these efforts have been met with the frequent and inevitable troubles of such an undertaking.

WHEREAS the members of the Tribunal did meet late on the eve of the 22nd of Thawmist, 1346, to discuss what matters were appropriate

FURTHER Many of the new congregants were met with a great surprise that judgement had already been passed upon one soul, by proceedings believed to be of a dubious nature by most, and the "laws" said individual was persecuted under to be found by those gathered there to be of an unjust and treasonous nature in flagrant disregard of the Beneficium

WHEREAS it was determined that night that the rules, regulations, and laws put in place by the tribunal beforehand were entirely inadequate, and that the best course of action would be that if the tribunal were to continue and to begin anew, it should be done with Teneborough's representative as chairman to ensure good procedures and practices, to reconvene the Tribunal whence such preparations could be arranged

THEREAFTER it was determined after discussion with several constituent members that after all these troubles and, upon these considerations it has now been resolved that this tribunal shall be:

DISSOLVED and the rights of law enforcement be left to any aggrieved parties on their right-wise claim'd lands and above all to any true and proven appropriate official of the Republic upon which we all stand and serve.

In this, the year 1346 AS, in execution of my charged duties,

Khalkeus 'the Younger' Renatus
Chairman, First Provincial Tribunal.

CuteAndWhisk
Character: Me

Re: Postings placed around the lands

Post by CuteAndWhisk » March 24th, 2021, 12:15 am

*Looking around the Fort and Foundry area, you can find posters vandalised with striking red paint all over them
After closer investigation, you will notice rushed graffiti and a small note near it. The handwriting is odd, like from someone who did not know how to hold a writing tool properly*
Serpah practices LYNCH LAW! No power nor status should be given to him. He quotes his own laws when it suits him, and his language is violence! Simple folks should be wary around this man for his crimes remain unpunished.
*A curious individual, who will decide to look on the other side of the note, will notice a miniature signature in the bottom left corner*
The voice of the people.
Attachments
Seraph.PNG
Seraph.PNG (765.69 KiB) Viewed 1550 times