Lower INT debuff on heavy armour

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Talexis
Character: Lucian Delavious

Lower INT debuff on heavy armour

Post by Talexis » March 20th, 2021, 11:33 am

I am sure this is here for some balance reason that I don't know of but if you wear a full suit of heavy armour you lose 18 INT, if you use a shield with it you lose 21 INT. With 50 INT I lose nearly half of it when I wear armour. This makes it almost pointless for a warrior to have INT as their armour is literally making them more dumb. I don't know how much INT is required for the insanity mechanics but it seems the losing 3 INT per piece is a bit excessive.

Malik Azer
Character: Malik Azer

Re: Lower INT debuff on heavy armour

Post by Malik Azer » March 20th, 2021, 9:01 pm

Use leather like me :)

Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

Post by Kent » March 21st, 2021, 2:18 am

Use of platemail comes with huge advantages. There should be trade-offs for that, and one of them is that being a tank mage is difficult. I think things are fine just as they are.

Hagbard
Community Vet
Character: Adalrik

Post by Hagbard » March 21st, 2021, 5:43 am

I think your point would be more valid Kent, if it werent for the fact that intelligence will be used to withstand psychic damage and injuries once that system is live.

Does it make sense that a man is more prone to go insane because he wears plate?
I see the balance reason for it, but maybe the sanity-checks could be done on your base value, not the debuff-affected one?

Mektor
Character: Mektor

Post by Mektor » March 21st, 2021, 6:45 pm

Let's perhaps wait for all systems (including sanity and torment) to be implemented, then it will be easier to judge if it needs rebalancing?

Mogrand
Character: Rufus Vilantri

Post by Mogrand » March 22nd, 2021, 10:54 am

I was just about to post this suggestion and fully agree with it.

When you have mechanics like Sanity and other things that are dependent on intelligence. Having the front-line fighters hurt the most by it by their simple armor choice doesn't make the most sense to me.

I like Hagbards suggestion of doing sanity checks before armor debuff and such, that keeps the battle mage balance in play as well doesn't ruin front-line fighters from being able to do their job and make full use of the stat points they allocated to intelligence, largely for the main reason of that mechanic.