Moving/removing teleport tile at 676,3882 (pirates)

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Mektor
Character: Mektor

Moving/removing teleport tile at 676,3882 (pirates)

Post by Mektor » April 5th, 2021, 1:32 pm

There is a teleport tile which reset enemies around 676,3882 (a line of tiles, actually). I'm not sure why this one is there particularly, as it is not a demarkation otherwise protected by guards or anything, but it being so close to the pirate spawns, it makes it impossible for ranged classes to fight those NPCs by kiting.

You can basically pull them 1 screen away, and if they're not dead by then, they just reset, and you can't kite any other direction as that is just kiting deeper into the spawn. While we could find a thousand reasons why this is there, it's mostly worth noting there are many other spawns (including of the same monsters/pirates) where there is no such mechanism in place.

Lucien
Character: Lucien

Re: Moving/removing teleport tile at 676,3882 (pirates)

Post by Lucien » April 6th, 2021, 3:08 am

I want to say this was changed when the last nodes came out. I believe its to stop NPC reds from killing off Node faction Guards/laborers.

I completely agree with you though makes for a terrible spot.

Voidwards
Character: Sidroth Mortigor

Re: Moving/removing teleport tile at 676,3882 (pirates)

Post by Voidwards » April 6th, 2021, 7:54 am

I cannot check the coords right now, but I assume you're talking about the spot right at the beginning of a pirate-infested peninsula, south of Fort Praesidium.

There are several "despawning" points like that (i.e. the bridges south and east of FP). I can see the point of them being there - at least it reduces kiting mobs to the guards. On the other hand, when a running Zealot touches the despawning tile, it can make up for a frustrating and anti-climactic chase.

Perhaps if the teleport tiles allowed the NPCs to return to their spawnpoint "on foot" (with increased HP regen, so we can avoid abusing it) instead of teleporting them instantly, it would solve the issue for ranged characters?
NONE SHALL SEE REDEMPTION