Finesse: perks

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
CuteAndWhisk
Character: Me

Finesse: perks

Post by CuteAndWhisk » April 7th, 2021, 8:32 pm

Hi,

I suggest moving the hiding-based finesse perks to the hiding tree and add different perks, similar to those found in parrying skill.

Sidestep - increases the chance to dodge direct, ranged and spell damage. Can be used every 30 seconds. The increase to chance to parry an incoming attack is equal to that of every point of Stratagems: Finesse you have above 60%, for a maximum of a 40% bonus to dodge chance. The duration of Sidestep is equal to that of every ten points of Stratagems: Finesse you have above 60%, plus 2, for a maximum of a 6-second duration. Using Sidestep stops you from gaining Tumbling and resets it to zero on use and after the end of the Sidestep duration. Can be only used in light armour, and without a shield. If used when in clothes only, the duration is doubled.

Second breath - allows Stamina and mana to gain with each successful doge that is completed by the character. Each such dodge will regain mana 1 to (Stratagems: Finesse/ 25) mana points, and refresh stamina for 1 to (Stratagems: Finesse/ 10), for a total of fifteen seconds. Confidence also increases stamina and mana regeneration rate for 4 seconds upon activation. The increased rate is halted if hit during the 4-second duration. The second breath has the twenty-second cooldown.

Risky jump - For a cost of 20 stamina, allows a 3 second run with a 2 second walk effect afterwards, during which stamina regeneration is halted.

Add Grandmaster perk to Finesse.

wojto
Character: Salazar de Velle

Re: Finesse: perks

Post by wojto » April 8th, 2021, 1:52 am

To be honest Finesse looks super weak compared to other stratagems. Parrying gives huge survivability, rage big damage increase and offhand also huge dps boost(though I still think it's way too animus expansive). At the same time Finesse offers dodge chance of 20% which you supposingly can boost up with high dexterity, but I haven't seen a real difference to be honest. Stamina regen is good, but looking at perks here comes the sad part.
- You can't have grandmastery
- If you are not a hider you automatically lose 2 perks(subtle assassination seems strong, ambush not so much since when you go out of stealth you most likely want to kill someone asap, not make it harder for him to kill you)
- Auspicious attack seems ok, although I haven't noticed him being any gamechanger
- Counter attack is super weak imo. You have to get 1 tumbling point that's ok. But then you have to dodge again in few seconds after activation so you counter attack. I think I didn't manage to trigger it once at stronger npcs so far, also it costs 15 stamina and has 90 second cd even if you fail to use it. I suggest that it triggers after next enemy attack always, but have damage calculated based on finesse skill, since it would be too strong with slow ss, high dmg weapons.
- Trap dodge seems like a cool mechanic especially for this more of a "glass canon" light armor build, when trap can really mess your plans, but is way too expansive imo.

Cute perks seems cool, though I believe the Acrobat perk gives similar stamina regen effect passively as proposed Second breath. I think whole Tumbling mechanic is a little bit too weak with fewer foes. I would suggest to greatly increase the dodge bonus gain with each dodge to let's say 1-1,5%, but give it a maximum treshold of about 10-15%. It would be still hard to get those 10 stacks within 90 seconds, because assuming enemy hits 1 in 2 attacks with same skill in tactics you will dodge 2-3 out of 20 attacks your enemy made(of which 10 hit you).

Roman
Character: Albert De Velle

Re: Finesse: perks

Post by Roman » April 8th, 2021, 5:28 am

I would add analogical perk to help generating thumbing points at start and add dodge max chance to help dodge be more constant then snowball.
If you are unlucky you will be killed and generate no tumbling points.
If you are lucky you can fast achieve 200% dodge chance

<Name> - getting hit have 50%(or more) chance to give you tumbling point.
*Maybe just maybe give it also when you parry the hit to reward someone for having both skills

Reduce the max amount of tumbling points you can get