Static Discharge 2 or 3

Resolved, closed or solved reported bugs.
Mektor
Character: Mektor

Static Discharge 2 or 3

Post by Mektor » April 19th, 2021, 11:08 am

Static discharge needs to be looked into.

It is supposed to give a 30% chance of a static discharge, but right now it seems to give 100% chance of 3 static discharges. It is silly powerful, especially with something like Holy Lightning, since holy lightning does 1 main dmg + 2 small damages on the side, which seems to proc 9 static discharge total. Granted, the static discharge damage is not that big, but it stacks and this is a silly amount of stacking.

When I only had Static Discharge 1, I barely ever noticed any proc. I just picked up leveles 2 and 3 at the same time and this started. I don't know which is doing it.

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Re: Static Discharge 2 or 3

Post by Meowakin » April 21st, 2021, 5:31 am

Chiming in here with Static Discharge 2 (which I just remembered to buy and use). It's very clearly triggering two discharges on every spell cast. I see the text was updated to make clear that the number of concurrent discharges goes up, but the text does not suggest it should be triggering on EVERY cast.

Rex
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Re: Static Discharge 2 or 3

Post by Rex » April 21st, 2021, 10:55 pm

This was part of the bug fixes i've been cleaning up along with other stuff.
I've updated the text descriptors for the abilities and the activating code to reflect it
These only activate on general arcana spells that do damage, not all damaging spells.