KO Conceal

Resolved, closed or solved reported bugs.
Kent
Character: Requiescat In Pace

KO Conceal

Post by Kent » April 24th, 2021, 11:58 am

You can conceal yourself as soon as you 'start coming around' yet are still on the ground unconcscious and invulnerable. Doesn't seem intended.

Kent

Re: KO Conceal

Post by Kent » April 24th, 2021, 12:02 pm

You can also start aiding yourself in this period.

Mektor
Character: Mektor

Post by Mektor » April 24th, 2021, 12:18 pm

What is strange about that is that being KO'd makes you lose your concealment and you have to re-apply it. You're still wearing your hood and/or face bandana, but all of a sudden people recognize you simply because you are on the ground.

I think it'd be better if un-concealing required taking away someone's hood/face bandana (which is entirely possible during the KO time).

It's fairly easy in PVM to forget to put it back on after a knockout (which is usually accompanied by worries others than your identity), to forget to [conceal again upon getting up, only to realize too late you've been spotted by a player even though you never chose to un-conceal.

Kent

Post by Kent » April 24th, 2021, 12:40 pm

Mektor wrote: April 24th, 2021, 12:18 pm What is strange about that is that being KO'd makes you lose your concealment and you have to re-apply it. You're still wearing your hood and/or face bandana, but all of a sudden people recognize you simply because you are on the ground.

I think it'd be better if un-concealing required taking away someone's hood/face bandana (which is entirely possible during the KO time).

It's fairly easy in PVM to forget to put it back on after a knockout (which is usually accompanied by worries others than your identity), to forget to [conceal again upon getting up, only to realize too late you've been spotted by a player even though you never chose to un-conceal.
Agreed. People should have to dramatically rip off masks/helmets, sort of a bruce wayne type situation.

Hagbard
Community Vet
Character: Adalrik

Post by Hagbard » April 24th, 2021, 12:44 pm

Agreed!
I've had my identity revealed due to pvm knockouts in previous acts as well, so I support a change to this!

Lucien
Character: Lucien

Post by Lucien » April 25th, 2021, 7:39 pm

Mektor wrote: April 24th, 2021, 12:18 pm What is strange about that is that being KO'd makes you lose your concealment and you have to re-apply it. You're still wearing your hood and/or face bandana, but all of a sudden people recognize you simply because you are on the ground.

+1 this makes a lot of sense

Sic
Aeolian Staff
Character: Isidor Abendroth

Post by Sic » May 7th, 2021, 4:13 am

Will attempt to make a new function to handle KO knockouts in concealment at a later time.