One tactics to rule them all.

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
Losstarot
Character: Kalisto Krauss

One tactics to rule them all.

Post by Losstarot » June 7th, 2021, 3:15 pm

Currently, I keep being told as a warrior I should have both tactics and 2handed tactics, as to improve my chances to hit and lower my chances of being hit. And that by having only one, I won't succeed as a warrior. No warrior I have spoken to has mentioned this in a satisfied manner. I think this goes hand in hand with another talk in regards to warriors, which was "build diversity". It was said warriors were very similar to one another and I can see how the tactics may partially be to blame.

I'd like to offer two suggestions below to rectify that.

1) Merge both Tactics into one support tactics skill for physical combat, similar to what Arcane Incantation does for magic (one skill suplementing ALL arcanas). This would free skill points for warriors to invest in whatever. Yay! Build diversity!

After thought: why are there 2 tactics anyways? Perk quantity? Some of those perks could simply go if they're merged, as not all of those perks are used anyways. Example: Dismount and Cavalry Tactics. And as far as the other SWMs go, there's already a limitation in place in the form of only few SWMs being provided by each weapon.

2) Turn off 2 Handed Tactics if you equip a one handed weapon, or turn off Tactics if you equip a two handed weapon. This way, people can still have both if they want, but it's no longer a MUST, but rather an option (yay! build diversity!), since in this suggestion, having Tactics wouldn't help in any way with a 2 Handed Sword equipped, for one.

What does everyone think? Please, if you have another idea, post below or comment these ones. I'll try to come up with other ideas, but really think and strongly believe removing the (implicit) necessity of certain skills to succeed, to be a good step for the game design and build diversity overall.

AConcealedFigure
Character: A concealed figure

Re: One tactics to rule them all.

Post by AConcealedFigure » June 7th, 2021, 3:21 pm

+1 as a magicker, having two skill trees I need to invest in to not insta die is hard. Need that skill cap for heresy bb.

Aetos
Character: Aetos Binshahin

Re: One tactics to rule them all.

Post by Aetos » June 10th, 2021, 11:26 am

Alternatively can some weapons be both 1 and 2 hands? E.g. Bastard Swords in D&D are categorised as such.