Incognito spell too short for any meaningful use

Got a good idea you’re itching to share? Think something should be changed? Stop by the Suggestion Box and share your opinions with the community.
AConcealedFigure
Character: A concealed figure

Incognito spell too short for any meaningful use

Post by AConcealedFigure » June 15th, 2021, 11:40 am

From what I understand it lasted longer at one point, I heard 3hours but I'm not sure how true that is. I believe it currently lasts about 6-7 minutes. If it wears off, when you recast it you're someone else entirely. It seems like it's got potential for some very interesting RP use, be it in just avoiding persecution or having a secret identity. I imagine there are reasons for it currently being what it is but if you do happen to run into someone unless you're concealed and outside of town, you'll likely convert back to yourself in the beginning to middle of the conversation. Then it's just a whole complicated mess. It's easier currently just to not use it or to use it and basically sprint to the place or thing you're trying to do.

Also, a mundane disguise kit could be a cool addition. Similar restrictions.

Meowakin
Character: Elsea Hunter

Re: Incognito spell too short for any meaningful use

Post by Meowakin » June 15th, 2021, 12:06 pm

I agree, for a purely RP tool, it doesn't last long enough for any amount of RP. I feel like an hour would be plenty and still short enough to make one nervous. For bonus points, if it would have some indication its about to fade (i.e. something like a 'flickers' emote) and you have to beat a hasty retreat. Currently the duration is so short that it seems only useful to cast right before getting revealed.