Application for Bryan Prickerton

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Gazzyr
Fresh Meat
Character: Bryan Prickerton

Application for Bryan Prickerton

Post by Gazzyr » January 1st, 2023, 1:13 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

no, im an absolute newbi

How did you hear about Requiem?
Reddit

CHARACTER QUESTIONS

What will your character’s name be?

Bryan Prickerton

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Bryan looks like he is in his early twentys, he doesn`t know his age exactly. He is slighlty above average heigh with a slim body.
Bryan has a green and a brown eye. He covers his green eye with an eyepatch he got gifted from a friend of his father, to hide the fact that he has different eyecolour.
His hair is fairly long and dark brown, he also wears a beard which looks like he trimmed it the first time in his life.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Bryan was raised by his father alone in a hut in the moors in the proximity of lake Volg. while his father was a skilled hunter and sold the hides from his prey in the
surrounding villages and settlements, Bryan always lacked the physical condition for hunting or lumberjacking, he was more interested in the plants and herbs of the moor and learnt early
in his life the effect of the different plants and how to combine them in anoints and later in potions.
In his early life, bryan sometimes accompanied his father by his sale tours to the settlements, but as he grow older the townsfolk became increasingly hostile towards Bryan. Because of
his different eyecolours people always said he was tainted by magic. Rumors told his mother was a witch, using arcana while pregnant and even using Bryan as a newborn as morium.
Everytime Bryan asked his father about his mother, he just told him she died giving birth to him.
As Bryan grew older a friend oh his father gifted him an eyepatch to cover his green eye, so people would assume his normal.
with his eyepatch, Bryan more often went to the villages on his on to sell the hides. Bryan often visited the taverns in the settlement, not to drink, but because he used to observe the
townsfolk trying to learn about social behavoir, since he was most of his life alone with his father his social skills are very poorly. He stutters and he tries to avoid eyecontact.
One night in a tavern, he overheard talkings about the arcane and magic, which promptly raised his interest. he started to sift through libarys and towns for books about the arcane craft.
Bryan was always very cautios by his researches, since he knew from little that most people hate and fear magic.
In one of his books, Bryan learned about the first Province and the arcane artifects and knowledge people assumed in this tainted area.
So Bryan decided to venture to the first Province hoping to find more knowledge about magic. He packed his little belongings and told his father that he is gonna get an apprenticeship in the first coast and ventured off.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
“State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late.”

Bryan winces under the harsh tone of the officiant, looks him shortly in the eyes before looking back at the ground and whispered more than spoke:
"I-i-i-i m-m-m-my Names Br-Br-Bryan"
The officiant interrupted:
"Whats your problem lad, i cant hear you mumbeling in your beard. Whats your business in the first province?"
Bryan looked up shortly talking a little bit louder:
"I-i-i-m g-g-goo-oo-d with pl-pl-ants and he-herbs a-a-and.."
The officiant interups him again:
"A healer? Thats great. Healer and alchemist are always needed. Fill in this application and get on the train"
He hands Bryan the application and waves him trough.
As Bryan walks by the officant, he can hear him saysing:
"Hope you know how to defend yourself, the first Province is a harsh land. Good luck Lad"
With a bad feeling in is guts, bryan boards the train

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Bryan Prickerton

Post by Coty » January 1st, 2023, 1:21 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!