Character Application: Rayne

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
SpicyShinigami
Character: Rayne

Character Application: Rayne

Post by SpicyShinigami » February 3rd, 2023, 9:22 pm

PLAYER QUESTIONS: By applying, you are signaling to staff you have read the application, character and shard rules.

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
No

How did you hear about Requiem?
I was asked to apply by my friend Trinsic

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
(Please note: Staff is looking for at least three lore references in your application when reviewing.)

What will your character’s name be?

Rayne

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Details are included in the paragraphs below.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
The blight has all but dimished a sailors ability to trade and live a lucrative life at sea. Tired of living off fish and scavanging for supplies, Rayne seeks refuge after hearing the former capital of the repulic may offer an easier life.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Dull brown eyes, set deep within their dreary sockets, watch you from afar as a train slowly makes its way into the yard. At first you can only make out hair tied back in intricate knots, almost as blue as the deep ocean itself, and a weathered face. It leaves you wondering if they have experience with a sail.

As the train gets closer, you notice her clothes are tattered, and have signs of hasty repairs. An old tattoo catches your eye. An octopus is prominently featured on her right hand and onto her fingers which dangle out the window. Possibly a memory of lost friends at sea, you believe.

This is the face of Rayne, a sailor and treasure hunter. She looks delighted to see the First Province, with a grin as long as the train itself. She exits the train, standing alluringly amongst the other refugees, despite her light frame.

There's something puzzling about her, perhaps a sense of comradery you feel just by looking at her. But your gut also tells you deep down...keep your distance.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

*Rayne glares back at the official with equal disdain*

"My business is my own, and you will do your best to respect that"

*Her sneer turns to a smirk as she opens her hand. A beautiful necklace the likes the guard has never seen before - its chain seemingly made of meticulously crafted silver woven into tiny seashells. She leans in close to the officiants face*

Say, you don't have a misses that likes pretty things? I make these you know. Completely original, you wont find them anywhere else around here. Maybe we could work something out?

*She straightens her posture and closes her hand while looking the officiant in the eye, awaiting a response*

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application: Rayne

Post by Coty » February 3rd, 2023, 9:38 pm

Hey, great app! We just need your character history before we can accept your application.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Have it in there but didn't really expand on it. So add some details about the history and should be all set!

SpicyShinigami

Post by SpicyShinigami » February 3rd, 2023, 10:32 pm

Rayne was born rough out in the streets of Tor before the collapse. She joined a small merchant vessel as a child as it was an easy meal and free shelter, albeit hard labor.

The crew found her useful, thus she learned how to sail, fish, and barter by shadowing the experienced members. She did this until her adulthood until the collapse of the capitol, which quickly put an end to the ships trade. Rayne was forced to return to the streets and use her wits to survive as the captain could no longer support the crew.

Before long, Rayne found herself among refugees. The ships typical customers all but gone and the rest of the crew deciding to flee with what family they had. She found her way to the train, unsure of what lied ahead, but knowing the city had nothing left for her.

SpicyShinigami

Post by SpicyShinigami » February 5th, 2023, 3:12 pm

Bump!

Please let me know if you'd like me to rewrite the entire thing, or if you need additional details

Thanks!

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Post by Coty » February 5th, 2023, 3:25 pm

Very sorry for the delay! Thought I had approved already!

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!