New Character: Faolán

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
The Woodsman
Fresh Meat
Character: Faolan

New Character: Faolán

Post by The Woodsman » July 1st, 2023, 3:26 pm

PLAYER QUESTIONS:

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played?

I played a long, long time ago in Act III. If I’m being honest, I don’t remember the character name. I do remember running around like an idiot during the three hour war though.

How did you hear about Requiem?

I played in a previous act, but life got hectic.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS:

What will your character’s name be?

Faolán

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

A lifetime of hard labor has made Faolán broad of shoulders and thick of waist. He’s young, though he stopped counting the years. Still, one might approximate him to be in his early twenties. He has a “dark” complexion for an Athaerian, but he still looks properly pale compared to those that spent their lives under less forgiving climes. Large meaty hands are rough and calloused from his work – but, this seems countered by glimmering in his moss green eyes. If the occasion calls for it, Faolán might even braid his dark shoulder length hair. He’s tall, but not towering – handsome but not smolderingly so.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Faolán’s family can trace their lineage back to the early tribes of Athaerun. And, this is a point of honor if you get enough ale in his belly. Yet, despite the pride his forebearers would instill into their progeny, Faolán does not harbor any ill-will toward the Republic. On the contrary, it was common for families of Athaerun’s highlands to offer up their service in exchange for some small privileges that were not ordinarily afforded to civilians. And, while they may not have earned a place amongst the elevated citizenry of the Republic, they were left well enough alone.
Faolán learned the skills of a huntsman, and this largely bought the safety of his immediate family. Yet, it was not enough to quench this Athaerian’s heart. He wanted to do more, to serve in some small way. So, he began to work with agents of the Republic in an auxiliary role. As he grew into this role, he spent longer and longer away from home. It was not all at once, but rather a slow drip, until one day he no longer recognized the lands he traversed, or the company he kept.
But that was a tale for another time.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
A woodsman, a scout, and now, an outlander; Faolán found himself entering the First Province less out of desire, and more out of necessity. Though he was loyal to the Republic, they did little to provide provisions to those that were not official. Times grew lean, and Faolán grew weak from malnourishment, falling behind on his duties, and after a time the company with which he traveled decided to leave him behind – but not before stripping him of anything useful.
With naught but the clothes on his back, and the primitive tools he was able to fashion from his knowledge of bushcraft, Faolán pressed onward.

Scenario Response:
Faolán shambled forward, the threadbare cloak hanging from slumping shoulders. He had been waiting to speak with the officiant for quite some time. Not that they cared. He did his best to straighten his back, and ignore the ache of starved muscles.

“ I have come to find work.”

He answered honestly, as there was no need to attempt at deception, nor was he any good at it anyhow. Certainly, the First Province had need of fresh meat for the grinder.

“ There’s nothing for me back there…”

He gestured vaguely over his shoulder, presumably to whatever miserable fate he had crawled out of. It was enough movement for the soldiers beside the officiant to take notice of the sheer girth of the man before him, and perhaps the cord of leather wrapped around his left arm. It was a simple thing, truly, but there was a certain elegance in that simplicity. The leather was adorned with small wooden prayer beads, each with one of the eight Decusian virtues inscribed into it, ending in a worn wooden figure that presumably had once had a likeness of the Arch-Angel. Perhaps if they would not let him in on the promise of work, he might buy his way in with what little wealth he had left.

Archin
Character: Archin

Re: New Character: Faolán

Post by Archin » July 1st, 2023, 3:35 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!