Application for Zel Mora

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Khalma
Character: Lumi (RIP)

Application for Zel Mora

Post by Khalma » August 12th, 2023, 1:00 pm

Character Application

PLAYER QUESTIONS: By applying, you are signalling to staff you have read the application, character and shard rules.

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:
Yes, I have played on Requiem for a while on launch.
How did you hear about Requiem?
From many different people.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
(Please note: Staff is looking for at least three lore references in your application when reviewing.)

What will your character’s name be?
Zel Mora
Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
You see a young woman in her mid-twenties with a frail body, she has beautiful features although marred by sickly pale countenance. Her wispy silvery hair is tied into a bun with strands framing her face.
Her eyes are sunken with dark circles underneath, but from the darkness there is a piercing yellow gleam that will hold your gaze until you look away.
She speaks in a clear voice, calmly and with intensity.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
Researching the blood of the people living near Torment, looking for signs of mutations or any that have developed resistance to it. As well as hopefully discovering new ingredients to aid her own failing health.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:
The Mora name was a less known Prelacy family, which had faced many hardships since the outbreak of the Torment and even before that. They had aided the failed colonisation attempt of the End of the World and when they were seeking reimbursements for the losses incurred in the colonisation from the capital of Tor, the heads of the family got caught in the outbreak and no news have been heard from them since, leaving the rest of the family without any hopes of getting coin for their troubles and forcing the rest to find other sources of income.

Zel has always had a weak and somewhat feverish body, no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn’t get better by training physically or with aid, so she started looking into other methods of improving and what better than medical science, although none of the doctors she met could tell what was wrong with her body. She didn’t let that discourage her and instead joined the Apotechary corps in Redholme with the recommendations and a donation from her family, so she could get proper training and a way to earn coin back to her family.

Scenario Response:

“State your business and make it quick, citizen; we’ve enough bodies in there to keep us busy for years without adding yours to the pile, and those VIC are stirring up problems something fierce as of late.”

Zel, simply steps forward taking out various official papers and letters and proceeds to place them onto the table. “I trust the sigil of the Mora family and the recommendation from the apothecary corps should be enough here- now, if you could…” *She pulls out her medical bag and produces a vial and a needle from it, which she cleans before looking back to the guard* “I’ll need a sample of your blood, if you could provide your arm, please-”

~~
She waits a moment, for the guard to comply but as he seems hesitant she continues:
~~

“You don’t wish to provide me with a sample? I am here to research and catalogue any changes in the blood from people that live in the quarantine area, with the approval from the apothecary corp. You may be stationed on the border but that is all the more reason to have a sample to see how far any changes may reach.
Now, be a good boy and stay put while I take a sample, you do want to stop the Torment as well? You are helping with really important research here…”
And without further ado she draws a blood sample from the flustered guard before he is able to process what is happening and then passes over a clean fabric for him to press on the small wound.
“I thank you for your contribution” She says while studying the vial of blood against the sunlight before putting it away into her bag amongst several more filled blood vials.
"Every gamer was first an amateur"

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Zel Mora

Post by Coty » August 13th, 2023, 11:10 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!