The Legacy of Ara

A forum dedicated to single-thread posts of characters within the game world to help document large events, stories and milestones in one consolidated thread.
HeXiS
Character: Ara, Ashlyin Blackreigns, Simon

The Legacy of Ara

Post by HeXiS » August 22nd, 2023, 1:11 am

[[ Most spoilers redacted, but minor ones below - read at your own risk. DO NOT METAGAME! ]]

Ara

When life gives you sentient viscera; make paper weights.
- Ara

I'll Make a Man out of You

Full Name: Ara Luvfist
Birthdate: Unknown
Birthplace: Presumed to be Ostenam
Birthsign: The Fool
Appearance
Height: 7’
Weight: 237lbs
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Dark Brown/Black
Skin: Fair
Handedness: Ambidextrous
Posture: Straight
Hygiene: Varies
Scent: See Above

Physical Description:
Ara stands around 7' tall with tangled, messy, brownish hair and calloused hands. She looks to be in her early twenties, with angular features. Her muscles would easily convince one she was a man if not for her other more obvious features. The first word that seems to come to most is a Wall. Upon her neck is a leather thong bearing fangs and claws of various types. One look and you can guess how she got them, she has many scars most notably three on her left cheek just under her eye. Her eyes are dark brown in color.

Personality: Kind but sometimes overbearing
General Health: Excellent
Profession: Doctor, Skinner, Chef
Faction Affiliation: de Ravin Parish
Languages: Yultish, good grasp of Common
Accent: You decide
Hobbies: Drinking, fighting, administering medical attention to injured, cooking, gambling
Habits: Bag full of booze

Personality Description:
Ara struggles to balance between her training as a soldier and her new life as something more. As such she is kind to those she considers family and finds it difficult to abide standing still during group outings involving combat. She prefers Orders to Options.

History:
After being found by a rivers edge unconscious with no memory of family or heritage she was taken in by the folk residing at the Tills, close to where she was found. They accurately presumed she was a native of the area who'd likely fallen into the river and hit her head trying to swim to shore. She seemed to have retained her skills in tracking and hunting. And thus was further trained in the ways of such. Once she'd matured she was given an opportunity. would she remain to aid in the training of others. Or if she'd rather, seek greater challenges in an area being reclaimed. This was the nice way of telling her she was being sent away. The reality was that she'd become too much to handle after an event that left 3 men dead and 4 injured with multiple broken bones. At some point she had left on what should have been a routine exercise to hunt and scout the area and returned with a wolf in tow. Fearing the wolf was stalking her, the archers of the tills loosed arrows. The wolf was in actuality Ara's pet whom she had been using the outings to raise and hunt with. When the gates opened and the soldiers came rushing out to check on Ara she flew into a rage resulting in the incident.

Strengths: Caring, Dedicated, Intelligent, Strong, Bold
Weaknesses: Fear of rejection, Wary of betrayal, Tends to run into danger

Governing Virtue: Sacrifice
Governing Throne: Wrath
Attachments
0NeDaCh.png
0NeDaCh.png (425.18 KiB) Viewed 1361 times

HeXiS
Character: Ara, Ashlyin Blackreigns, Simon

Re: The Legacy of Ara

Post by HeXiS » August 22nd, 2023, 1:19 am

Journal Entry 66: Today, that strange young girl in white came by my clinic again. After I treated her sprained wrist.. she began rummaging through my pantry as always. I expect it will be empty when I do inventory. I don't know where she puts it all. She's so tiny, but then my sister also packs away the pounds and somehow stays thin. I had hoped to spend my day wrestling bars and boars.. but today will be one of slaving over a hot heating stand.. she did bring me lots of recipes, though. So, at least, I won't run out of things to cook...
-------------------
Journal Entry 67: Today, Tawasha and I bonded over our love of hoarding poop. I thought I was the greats poop scrounger.. but the energy Tawasha could muster when she saw a fresh steaming pile was a sight to behold... I've never seen an old woman sprint so fast. I swear, if she could predict when they were about to drop, she'd be holding a basket under the creatures waiting to catch it in a full-on dive n slide.. yes.. truly a sight to see.
------------------
Journal Entry 68: Today, Tawasha and I went looking for chickens. Apparently, Jakkel Wormwood has beaten me to the idea of a monopoly on chicken-based labor.. but we've worked out an agreement. We catch and feed the chickens, and we get the eggs.. this is preferable to me running chickens from old Man Tim's farm to my house. Mr. Wormwood also donated a few chickens to my own coops. Very nice of him. I planned to repay the chickens, but it seems Tawasha is as fervent about wrangling chickens as she is gathering poop.. all these coops were filled in just two days time.
------------------
Journal Entry 69: Jack's chickens are breeding.. the irony of my journal entry and the timing of this has not escaped me. However, I can not focus on that as my own chicken, given the same time frame, has done nothing. They have not eaten nor laid any eggs. I wonder if my house has been placed under some strange time vacuum. When I arrived home, my door was wide open. I am sure I locked it. Though other folk doo has keys. Nothing is missing. I have found no evidence of foul play. Perhaps, the chicken just wanted some fresh air. I've been told they can be pretty crafty when they need to be. I will keep an eye on them. I am sure it wasn't the strange lady in white.. as my pantry seems intact and still fully stocked. Time will tell.
----------------
Journal Entry 70: Today, I went to my old apartment, now used as crafting storage. I'm slowly getting it all moved to my house. I was searching for my clothes as my armor is feeling a bit grimy as of late. I'm sure others have started to notice. People who normally stop to chat dash by in a hurry. I did not find my clothing in my apartment, so I presumed the moths got to them. , However, when I checked thoroughly in my home, I found them safely standing in a crate I had forgotten I had. I felt relief. Most of my non-armor clothing was a gift from the De'Ravin parish when I worked for Mr. Bidukan. I treasure those gifts as I found a new family here in this forsaken land. I can't wait to have a hot bath and change into something clean. Is it considered rude to wash my armor in the bath as well? (edited)