New Character - Lucan Harwood

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Faolan
Character: Faolan

New Character - Lucan Harwood

Post by Faolan » October 9th, 2023, 6:06 pm

PLAYER QUESTIONS:

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played?

Yes, I am currently playing Faolan Bhaird.

How did you hear about Requiem?

I played back in the early 2000’s. I believe it was the third act.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS:

What will your character’s name be?

Lucan Harwood

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Lucan is a tall fellow. His flaxen hair is worn short, and no more than a dark stubble can ever be found to grace his jawline. The amber of his eyes might stand out more if he could ever get those wayward strands out of his face. He’s on the younger side. No more than twenty five, and his pleasant countenance seems to highlight that truth.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Lucan comes from a large, loving family. The Harwoods of Hegvard, not to be confused with the Harwoods of Ravensbridge. Or any other branch of the Harwood family for that matter. Anyhow, his family was in the business of logistics. They kept the books for a number of charters working along the shores of the Goodsea. They were damn good at it too.

Lucan knew that it was only a matter of time before he’d be expected to take over the family business. His brothers didn’t have the same love for numbers that he did. And, his sisters, well, suffice it to say, Lucan was going to have a lot of work ahead of him.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Lucan, with his father’s blessing, left Hegvard with full intention of traveling to Greatport. There was more to be learned about the business before he could take over. Only, he never made it to Greatport, waylaid by Highwaymen as he was. Afterall, the world at large wasn’t as kind as that of a Guildsman’s home.

Embarrassed, but alive, the half-naked midlander found himself seeking a way to reclaim his honor. And, what better way to do it than to discover prospect in the First Province? Afterall, rumor had it that this place was a veritable treasure trove of abandoned dreams.

Scenario Response:

Standing before the officiant at the Rumbling Pass, Lucan offered what little he had left, a ring that had belonged to his great-grandfather for whom he had been named.

“I understand it is no small feat to survive here.” He spoke, handing over the ring. “If you’re ever in Hegvard, bring the ring to Edwin Harwood. He’ll reward you for returning it.”

Lucan offered his best smile. It was almost boyish and dripped with foolish hope. After a moment, he reached into his bag, and pulled a bit of parchment. If the officiant could read at all, they might understand it to be a letter describing that the bearer of the ring possesses it fairly and should be afforded every accommodation by the guild.

“My name is Lucan…”

He started, and he would continue to drone on about his mid-adventure on the road until the Officiant either let him in, or chased him off.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: New Character - Lucan Harwood

Post by Coty » October 10th, 2023, 11:02 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!