A sampling from the journal of a tormented soul

A general forum for all in-character posts as they relate to Act VI: Absolution, the characters that inhabit the world at large, and the events that help shape both.
Blitzkregg
Character: Blitzkregg

A sampling from the journal of a tormented soul

Post by Blitzkregg » November 14th, 2023, 6:04 pm

Journal Entry 132:

"In the dim light of dawn, two adventurers, and I embarked on a new quest. The echoes of last night's camaraderie lingered like a fragile illusion, momentarily shielding me from the specters that awaited in the shadows of my thoughts.

Our path led us to the town sewers, where the stench of dampness and decay greeted us. The familiar weight of my weapon provided a semblance of comfort as we faced the horde of rat men. In the tunnels' confined spaces, each swing and clash echoed like a macabre dance.

As the last rat man fell, the thrill of victory was short-lived. The shadows that clung to me throughout the night returned, darker and more insistent. Seeking refuge in the familiar embrace of a whiskey bottle, I hoped to drown the ghosts that surfaced.

Alas, the alcohol was a cruel companion. Instead of liberation, it unveiled the raw, unhealed wounds of battles long past. Faces of fallen comrades, the weight of decisions made in the heat of battle, all clawed at my conscience. The echoes of my own torments reverberated in the silence that followed the skirmish.

In these moments, I couldn't help but ponder the masks we wear. Those carefully crafted facades, the illusions of control we present to the world, are mere veils. They shield us from the prying eyes of others, yet offer little defense against the relentless assault of our own demons. Tomorrow, we march on, but tonight, the war within me intensifies. The bottle, emptied and discarded, offers no solace. The battleground may change, but the struggle with the demons within remains, a relentless torment that shadows my every step."