Moko

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
geeg
Character: idk

Moko

Post by geeg » December 26th, 2023, 10:26 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played :
Yes, I play this edition since it started, this is going to be my 3rd character.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two :
Years of UO RP on many shards.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard? :
I want to develop new character and it's story.

What will your character’s name be? :
Moko

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight, and any notable features :
She is short and lithe. Dark hair is tied firmly in braids. Her green eyes have subtle sense of suspicion and thoughtfulness. Her brown skin is decorated with numerous tattoos representing animals and dead nature.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province :
She intends to fight the Torment in it's roots, while possibly standing against Decusian culture and religion if this won't compromise her safety too much.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history :
Moko was born deep in the Amawrak Rainforest in Murandesh around year 1302. She was raised and trained to replace her mother as one of the Lani tribe's priestess. However when she was around 12, she got caught by Sulastains for "reeducation" that despite official abolition of slavery was still a common practice against Murandai people. She spent next four years working on Kapok tree farms, until the production was eventually stopped due to the Torment spread. She was taken along with others to Itzamaatl to help sustain the soldiers fighting the plague. She spent there next two years until the city was eventually abandoned. She used chaos that followed evacuation of Itzamaatl to flee to Murandesh lands. At age of 20 she finally came back to her motherland, worrying that the Torment came also there. Once reunited with her tribe, she learned that Murandesh was left almost untouched for now. She could get back to her old life, but she wasn't anymore "pure" Murandai. For eight years she lived in more modern society created by Decusians and even though she was not much more than just a slave, going back to the roots wasn't easy. Despite this, she returned to the beliefs and traditions of her people. In next years she became tribe's priestess as she was meant to be. Unfortunately the Torment spread was more and more noticable also in Murandesh. Tribes of Amawrak started to merge to fight outlanders curse, but it was still not enough. Eventually council of tribes decided to send numerous people from their community to start seeking cure outside of their lands, when the disease came from. Moko, at age of 30 was one of them. Her journey through all the lands of Watanga was quite long (i might want to include this in legacies), but she eventually, on year 1340 came to the First Province, looking for solution to help her people. As of now, the efforts were fruitless, but she doesn't lose her hope.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario :
Moko was preparing to enter the Zone for so long, however when the time came, she got frozen for a while. After short thought she replied.
- I come from far away, from Sulastas sir.. You sure know it's been left for the Torment complately... Th.. they told me to come here... - she started the play.
- They? Who? Ahh.. whatever, I don't care! No visa, no entry! - the guard replied annoyed.
- Th.. The Templars. Maybe you can ask them sir. - she carried on, hoping that his noticible dislike for Templars would take over.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Moko

Post by Coty » December 26th, 2023, 10:38 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!