Character Application: Terhan

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Keth
Fresh Meat
Character: Terhan

Character Application: Terhan

Post by Keth » January 8th, 2024, 9:20 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem?
No.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:
I’ve occasionally played various tabletops, including WFRP, DnD, Adventures in Middle Earth, and Coriolis, and I’ve been playing UO on a Tolkien-themed RP shard for many years. I have also done a bit of play by forum RPG.

How did you hear about Requiem?
I was invited here by friends.

CHARACTER QUESTIONS
What will your character’s name be?

Terhan

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:
Terhan is a male in his 30s. He possesses a blend of features that hint at a diverse heritage. His skin tone is warm and sun-kissed. His slightly weathered face is adorned by delicate wrinkles. He has a well-defined jawline, high cheekbones, and narrow lips standing out in the mix. He has brown eyes, and his hair is almost black. His muscular and well-proportioned build reveals his physical prowess. He stands tall with a presence that reflects both strength and resilience. His body is marked with a plethora of subtle scars, hinting at an upbringing in a harsh environment.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
His father, Byron, was an explorer and a pioneer from Redholme. A staunch optimist who believed that every person is inherently good, and should have a chance to participate in civilizations’ best fruits. He was one of the very few who made it to the jungles of Murandesh, using a little wooden boat to sail through the Amawrak River. He was extremely lucky, being spotted by one of the more peaceful tribes during the full moon, as he approached them from the river, having the moon behind his back. They called him “he who watches over us”, considering him a spiritual guardian of some sort. He successfully assimilated within the tribe and even started a family, gladly exercising the right of Dominion he had as a Citizen, although these things didn’t matter to the locals. Long story short, when he heard about the local outbreak of the Torment in one of the Murandai tribes, he wanted to investigate. He died at the hands of afflicted warriors whilst asking for directions.

Terhan remembers little of his father, but his tribe cherished memories of “he who watched over us”, so he grew fond of Byron. His mother taught him to read, using Byron’s leftover books and journals, but they didn’t survive long in the humid climate of the rainforest jungle. Perhaps these scrap journals were the first that picked the interest of Arnaa, a female who wandered into his tribe’s territory once. Or maybe it was the strength of his tribe and the wisdom of his father blended and personified in him, as his mother claims. Regardless, Arnaa’s beauty, courage, and inquisitive mind charmed him, and they quickly fell in love, becoming soul mates and partners for eternity according to the rites of his tribe. Like all men in his tribe, he was trained to be a scout and a warrior, and being taller than the rest, he quickly rose to prominence, attaining the status of a quasi-chosen one. As more rumors about the “outlanders curse” ravishing the continent and slowly penetrating the outskirts of Amawrak Forest, It was only natural for him and his wife to join the expedition looking to put an end to it once and for all.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:
(This is parallel to KiraEME’s application for Arnaa)
"Terhan and... your wife Arnaa, is it?" said the officiant after reading their counterfeit visas. “Aye”, responded Terhan, “but you can also call me Byron. I come from a line of citizens from Redholme”. “Redholme! You don’t even look close to that…”, the officiant frowned his eyebrows menacingly, but his trained eye quickly noticed Terhan’s hand reaching for his pouch. “But it doesn’t matter. Citizneships are void Under Protocol 7:21 of Quarantine Level: Extremus. It won’t help you to get in, and it certainly won’t help you to get out”. "We only seek passage. No trouble," muttered Terhan insistingly, handing him the coins from the pouch. “Go already, quit wasting my time,” said the officiant upon accepting the coin.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application: Terhan

Post by Coty » January 9th, 2024, 9:40 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!