Character Application: Temjamin

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Temde
Fresh Meat
Character: Temde

Character Application: Temjamin

Post by Temde » January 22nd, 2024, 3:07 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? No

How did you hear about Requiem? Reddit

What will your character’s name be? Temjamin

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character: He is of average height and build. He has no distinguishing physical characteristics that set him apart from the average Midlander.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province: He is provincial treasure hunter.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history.:

Temjamin is an average Midlander, with no notable previous occupations. He has done the typical activities—poaching moor-headed sheep, harvesting the hardy plants in the wild marches between Ostenam and Drolund, and rummaging through the homes abandoned to the Torment. It is this "gathering" that the itinerant Temjamin has made his greatest and most consistent income—no doubt it'd do well applied to the many trash piles of the First Province.

His background is entirely mundane; he is neither noble nor particularly lowborn, neither faithful nor an Apostate. He has not had any significant interactions with the Afflicted. He is simply trying to make it to the next day, one trash pile at a time. Having heard about the recent fall of Tor, he decides to ply his "trade" there.

Please write a few short paragraphs of an in-character response to the following scenario:

Gathering his wits, Temjamin step forward towards the officiant. "I aim to aid in the reclamation," he says, "and what you said earlier about being 'non-essential'? I am certainly essential."

"I've made it past Templar and Legionnaires alike, made it through the Rumbling Pass. Certainly, if I am 'non-essential' in the First Province's reclamation, I wouldn't be here. Ask your comrades, they can attest to my sincerity." He stares blankly at the officiant, awaiting a response. His entirely average appearance betrays no motivations, neither sinister nor genuine. He continues staring, almost as if trying to convince the officiant through sheer eye contact alone.

"Do you have any references," the officiant asks. Temjamin hands over the only official document he's carrying—a requisition form. The officiant is astounded at the irrelevance of the document, and Temjamin continues staring blankly. They both continue to be speechless; the tension hangs in the air like a Stormborne mist. The officiant finally gathers his thoughts when the others standing in line start raising their voice: "What is your decision, officiant?"

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application: Temjamin

Post by Coty » January 22nd, 2024, 10:05 am

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!