Character Application: Antoninus Verus

Forum used for submitting new applications for characters on Requiem.

Moderator: Gatekeeper

Isagar
Fresh Meat
Character: Antoninus

Character Application: Antoninus Verus

Post by Isagar » February 11th, 2024, 7:58 pm

PLAYER QUESTIONS:

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played?

No

How did you hear about Requiem?

A Reddit thread

CHARACTER QUESTIONS:

What will your character’s name be?

Antoninus Verus

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

An early middle-aged man of trim, yet athletic build. Anton, as he is colloquially known by, sports a graying and receding hairline immaculately trimmed atop his clean-shaven, long and grave face. Though amusement is not something obviously worn by Anton's stoic expression, this is betrayed by the laugh lines and crow's feet that adorn the corners of his face, suggesting his hard look is a mere veil, lest something grim forever altered Anton's appearance.

Though fit, Anton's stature does not stand tall or imposing at hardly five and a half feet tall. Though clearly someone who stays physically active, the telltale signs of a hardened warrior are wholly absent his physique, lacking the scars common to so many others in his station.

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Anton is the youngest of the three sons set to inherit the operation of an aged dye trading firm with roots in Tor. Being so low on the Verus line of succession, rather than being afforded a mercantile education with the anticipation of one day taking over the family business, Anton was instead taught in schools of rhetoric and philosophy to serve the family as counsel, or at least represent the family's interests lobbying the local municipalities in and around The First Coast.

Though a veracious curiosity grasped Anton at a young age, he made for a mediocre pupil at university. Often distracted from lesson plans, Anton's attention was arrested by other interests. Chief among these interests, the pre-history of the lands that now constitute the Republic, and the peoples that inhabited them.

Much to the disappointment of his family, Anton eventually dropped out of his studies, instead, choosing a life of wander. Supported by a comfortable allowance, Anton traveled the breadth of the Republic, at least to those corners not rendered entirely inaccessible by the Torment. His wanderlust continues to this day.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

The patriarch of family Verus has passed. Anton begrudgingly returns to settle affairs and face his family for the first time since leaving the territory following his disenrollment from university and the subsequent fall of Tor. It's been decades since he was last home, and there is little love for the notion of staying any longer than absolutely necessary. But he recognizes his duty to his family.

Scenario Response:

"I'm Antoninus Verus, of Verus Mercantile. I'm here to settle the Verus estate. 'Or what remains of it'" I mutter beneath by breath. "I'm to execute our contractual obligations in accordance with local statutes. It would of course be obstruction should I be unable to do so" I add wincing internally while palming what few coins I have left for the inevitable bribe that will surely follow should an appeal to the laws of the land not get me far enough.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Application: Antoninus Verus

Post by Coty » February 11th, 2024, 8:12 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!