Patrick Tambien

OOC board archives from Act V forums.
Isildur558
Character: Patrick Tambien

Patrick Tambien

Post by Isildur558 » November 29th, 2018, 10:57 am

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played:

None at all.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience in a sentence or two:

I have been role-playing across various games that had enforced role-play in mind for close to eight years now, notably on Neverwinter Nights persistent worlds and a few servers on San Andreas Multiplayer. I also have a slight bit of experience in role-playing on Star Wars Galaxies.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?:

I wish to play on Requiem, because to me and many others, it is regarded as the best role-play enforced Ultima freeshard. I have been involved with many freeshards, but none of which have role-play as the main focus; and would rather chose one that is professional with high standards instead of wasting my time trying out and being disappointed by the very few others that are available.

I expect a great deal of good role-play from the shard, obviously. But I also expect a slew of new systems, as is customary with most freeshards. I've taken a peak at the new things this server has to offer client-side, and I am very impressed.

What will your character’s name be?:

Patrick Tambien

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and any notable features:

Patrick Tambien is a tall and fairly built, yet moderate sized dark haired and fair skinned male. He has no notable anomalies on his body other than a knife scar from his past dragging across the very bottom of his cheek. It would be faded and would be barely noticeable upon first glance to someone just meeting him. He has no trouble looking people dead in the eyes when he talks, yet isn't much for words when it comes to brass taxes surrounding controversial topics. Overall, he is a very quiet and reserved person and would not look out of the ordinary to most people.

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:

Patrick is a war-torn soldier turned cultivator from the far reaches of Eden. He moves from port to port in the hopes of examining and perhaps starting a new strain of crop along with the possibility of his own farm and/or finding a modest living by being a sellsword. His motivation for entering the First Province would be exactly that, the idea of intrigue surrounding a new land and the hopes of making coin. He has no interests outright in any political or land-driven conspiracies of any sort, and never has. He is, in part, a very adventurous person at heart regardless of the circumstances. A secretive part of Patrick's motivation that he is keeping close to his chest is that even from abroad he too has heard of the relics possibly hiding in Tor, and wishes to pursue them in the hopes of fame.

Briefly provide a pertinent detail or notable quality of your character’s history (this does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret):

Patrick was involved in a conspiracy abroad to regain property from a legion of brigands in his younger years until things went awry with his commanding officer, who used Patrick as a scapegoat after wrongfully sacking a neutral village in an attempt to spark further conflict with the with the neighboring brigands after a peace treaty was put forth. Patrick fled his homeland and has been on the run as a sellsword and farmer of sorts ever since, moving from place to place in the hopes of high adventure and a place to call his own.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

*Patrick would view his surroundings with a certain aura of intrigue as he notices the high security and lack of vigor he would normally see present in checkpoints. He would second think his decision to make port, then immediately walk forward against his better judgement. He would raise his arms and beg his case to the officiant.*

Patrick says: "Hail. I am Patrick Tambien, traveler and farmer. I am interested in stepping foot in your province, and am interested in examining the soil. Possibly seeing if any land is available. It has been a perilous journey and I've no more gold pieces for travel."

*The Officiant would inspect Tambien with a certain disregard and surprise to his answer, questioning his presence with a slew of glares and inspections of his belongings.*

The Officiant says: "HA! A farmer he says. Ya' got a death wish? Even a lad with a blow to the head could see this is no place for that. Troubled times in these lands would surely make an endeavor such as that futile."

*Patrick raises his chin in non-aggressive retaliation, looking the officiant dead in the eyes. He would bend the knee and scuffle through his belongings, showing off a small small trowels and seed from his journeys. A sword would be among the pile.*

Patrick says: "I have no interest in the goings on here. I am a man that seeks no pity or remorse for what befalls him. If I am to be found dead on your land, feed my corpse to a pack of wolves and be done with it. I will be no burden. As visible, I am a farmer. *He would raise his various trowels.* I am an experienced fighter, also. I know my way around the hilt of a sword. As I said, I have no more gold to spare for further travel. I am willing to risk things to come. I will not be a burden."

*The Officiant would eye over the remaining coins Patrick has in his possession. He would take advantage of Patrick's neediness to make port and snatch a few out of the coin purse for himself. Afterwards, he would let Tambien through after handing over his belongings, letting him pass.*

The Officiant says: "Good luck. I'll be sure to get that pack of wolves nice and hungry for your corpse."
Last edited by Isildur558 on November 29th, 2018, 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kristijonas
Character: Kristijonas

Re: Patrick Tambien

Post by Kristijonas » November 29th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Thank you for applying with us!

However, as we have no Britannia or orcs in the world of Vitaveus in Requiem, we would like to ask you to re-read some of our lore articles on the website here: https://www.13thrones.com/wordpress/# and write a background for your character set in the game world.

I hope as a serious roleplayer you will not be discouraged by our standards, since we want players to know at least a little about the world they are diving into!

Isildur558
Character: Patrick Tambien

Post by Isildur558 » November 29th, 2018, 8:05 pm

I sincerely apologize about the lore-breaking story, it was very early when I wrote the backstory and forgot that this shard was not based in any facet of Britannia.

Edited my post!

maldonado
Aeolian Staff
Character:

Post by maldonado » November 29th, 2018, 9:06 pm

Congratulations, adventurer. Your application is...

Approved.

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!