Character Apllication for Jackie Holloway

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
DJxJackie
Fresh Meat
Character: JackiexHolloway

Character Apllication for Jackie Holloway

Post by DJxJackie » September 23rd, 2023, 9:54 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when (and what characters, if desired) you previously played. No experience

How did you hear about Requiem? Hexis
( I have RP'd in a few DnD campaigns)

CHARACTER QUESTIONS:

What will your character’s name be?

"Jackie Holloway"

Main Name - Jackie
Last Name(Family name) - Holloway

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight, and any notable features:

"Jackie Holloway, around 48 years of age, a man of average height 5.7 feet(173cm), with a weight of 93kg, Salt and Pepper Hair cut short with a full beard and dark brown eyes."

Please provide a few short paragraphs with pertinent details or notable qualities of your character’s history. This does not have to be exhaustive nor revealing of any information you wish to keep secret:

Born June 15th, 1975 in the south-west slums of Redholme City. As long as I can remember, my parents Johnathan and Karmah Holloway raised me the best they could. My father worked his fingers to the bone as a lumberjack, while my mother worked for one of the regal households as a maid. Being an only child, I never ate the best of meals. However, we never went hungry. My health was now all that great growing up. I developed bronchitis around the age of 13. At the same time, my hair started to turn white starting with a small patch. School life was never important to me, and I often got my backside popped for playing hooky. By the time I was 16, my father figured that I should learn the trade, and help out around the lumberyard. I dropped out of school and started working with my father for around 30 years. That is when tragedy struck, and my father was killed trying to save me from a falling tree. Not long after the funeral, the bills start to pile up. My mother was having a hard time trying to hold her end up on the bills. I tried to take up more hours, but union rules forbid it. My mother is an honest woman, and would never steal a nickel off the street. However, The rich bigwigs she worked for falsely accused her of stealing. She was immediately put in jail. I worked and saved up money to try to get her out of jail. However, the poor conditions and negligence led to her getting gravely ill. It's been 5.
years since my mother passed, and I still never forgave her accuser. I set it in my mind that if the rich want to falsely accuse people of theft, then I am going to live up to the stereotype. I'm going to rob this city blind or die trying

Briefly state your character’s intentions or motivations for entering the First Province:
To assist the retaking of Tor by assisting work efforts in the lumber yard

Ulterior motive: To rob the city blind

Scenario response by the tales of the riches that remained in Tor and in the First Province. Surely they needed workers in the lumber yards, it wasn’t hard to procure the papers despite his lack of general experience. Bluffing, he passed himself off as an experienced carpenter to score the necessary official papers. Joining the throng of people they crammed into the train, it seemed like ages before they finally arrived. When they finally did, Jackie was irritated, and tired. Waiting in line he had a singular moment of doubt, wondering what he was walking into. He pushed it promptly aside, there was no time for doubt now- the Big Score was right here. He was going to be rich and make of clean into the hills before long. He shuffles along impatiently, presenting his papers to the Officiant by rudely thrusting them in his face. “Let me in already!” his irritation palpable. The Officiant smirks at that and moves even slower sarcastically.
Last edited by DJxJackie on November 9th, 2023, 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Character Apllication for Jackie Holloway

Post by Coty » September 24th, 2023, 1:18 pm

A few notes: The current year IG is 1348, the month is Warmwind. Can find the months and days here: https://www.13thrones.com/wiki/doku.php ... _of_months The current time period is late 1700s/early 1800s equivalent.

Also the Republic doesn't allow unions.

Just wanted to make you aware!

We will need you to fill out the roleplay prompt, however, before we can accept your application.

Coty
Aeolian Staff

Post by Coty » September 25th, 2023, 11:18 am

Going to need you to expand on your roleplay prompt a bit more before I can approve your application.

Sylvi Iramdottir
Character: Thalia Cirillo

Post by Sylvi Iramdottir » November 11th, 2023, 6:44 pm

This has been edited please revisit the scenario response when available.

Coty
Aeolian Staff

Post by Coty » November 12th, 2023, 5:42 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!

Please do remember the year is 1348 and unions are not a thing. Still states it in your app but as long as you remember IG and adjust the RP accordingly you're fine.