Application for Jason Everett

Forum used for archiving approved character applications.
Fiend
Character: Jason Everett

Application for Jason Everett

Post by Fiend » August 21st, 2021, 4:51 pm

Do you have any prior experience with Requiem? If so, please detail when and what characters you previously played:

I played during the act before this one I believe. Same character that I'm applying for again now, Jason Everett.

Briefly summarize your prior role-playing experience :

I have played on couple of RP UO shards including this one and done the whole GM->admin->main dev route on one.

Why do you wish to play on Requiem, and what do you expect from the shard?

I liked playing the last time and I have a decent RP vacuum in my life so basically just looking to fill that.

What will your character’s name be? :

Jason Everett

Please briefly describe the physical attributes of your character, including age, looks, height, weight and notable features :

Jason is around 6 foot tall, although his slouchy posture makes it hard to tell exactly. He looks to be no stranger to manual labor, his palms clearly callused and his frame is fairly lean at about 185 pounds. His expression is stern but it's contrasted by his bluish gray eyes which seem almost lazy or indifferent. He has short sand-brown hair which obviously hasn't been cut with great care. He might look almost regal if it wasn't for a broken nose that seems to have happened recently. He is young, maybe a bit over 20 summers old. His voice is monotonous.

Briefly state your character’s intentions for entering the First Province :

Jason ran into an argument with two of his uncles back at the farm he'd lived at. He thought he'd try his luck elsewhere - figuring he'd enlist to the legion. Stories of the monsters are probably just bullshit anyway to keep honest folk from getting their share of the riches, right?

Briefly provide the pertinent details of your character’s history:

Jason was born to a farmer's daughter, Jolene, who had had an affair with one of the local lads. The identity of his father couldn't be ascertained and the few candidates never owned up their responsibility in fear of retribution from Jolene's father. Despite Jason's birth not having been an exactly welcome event, Jolene managed to convince her parents that the child would stay.

Jolene took care of Jason up until he was about 7 years old but she found an actual husband and moved in with him. Jason stayed with his grandfather and Jolene focused more on founding a new family with her husband. Jason wasn't completely abandoned, but his mothers meaningfulness to his life waned regardless.

Jason grew up on the farm, and while a bit of an outcast carrying the stamp of bastard, had an otherwise fairly regular if harsh childhood. He would learn the stories of Decus and of the kingdom that was. The hard work and occasional hunting trips gave him some valuable survival acumen, but regardless he's still very much a naive, overconfident young man out of his depth.

- - - - - - - - - -

Since his arrival Jason has experienced a lot. He has been a pioneer and a hunter and faced a tribunal in which he could've been sentenced to burn. He has witnessed suffering firsthand and now knows that life in the First Province isn't the proverbial pot of gold that was first promised. At least here he's free to make his own living though, and that's reason enough to withstand the horrors.

Briefly write an in-character response to the following scenario:

Upon arrival to Rumbling Pass the following internal monologue plays out in my head;
Praise Decus, I gots here! Now I gotto find some way to earn food and passage quick.. that chap deciding who gets to go in looks like they're with the legion. I'll at least be able to ask where they do this recruitin' business and hopefully get a meal in me. I'm sure giving em a few coins for the trouble will help put a good word with his fellas.

*I begin walking confidently towards the flock of people close to the officiant*

Coty
Aeolian Staff
Character: Swaglord420

Re: Application for Jason Everett

Post by Coty » August 23rd, 2021, 6:37 pm

Congratulations, adventurer! Your application is...

Approved!

Please ensure that your character name is spelled correctly upon exiting the Songmaker's chambers. A GM will approve your character at their earliest convenience.

Welcome to Requiem!